visual voicemail not working properly

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by psywzrd, Sep 16, 2009.

1. macrumors 68030

My visual voicemail has been spotty lately. When someone calls me and leaves a message, the visual voicemail is there almost instantaneously; however, when I try to listen to it all I get is a blue spinning icon where the play/pause button should be. It seems like I have to wait a few minutes before I can actually listen to the voicemail. This happened to me last week or the week before and I was able to fix it by resetting all network settings, but I'm wondering if there's something else causing the problem.

Have any of you experienced this before?

2. macrumors 6502

I'm in St Louis, and have not seen any voicemails since yesterday, even though people have left them for me. I even called and left 2 for myself, but nothing shows up.

Called AT&T and they said there is an outage in my area...don't know where you are, but this might explain it.

3. macrumors 68030

I'm not sure if an outage would explain this. The visual voicemails are showing up on my phone - I'm just having a problem listening to them.