Visualizer problems in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by justjess22, Nov 21, 2004.

1. justjess22 macrumors newbie

Oct 30, 2004
    Just recently, my visulaizer in iTunes is having streaming problems?
    It's movements are jerky and not smooth.
    Also, when I choose full screen mode it goes to black, and I have to restart.
  2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    Regardless of what visualizer you're using (the built-in one or a third-party plugin), its configuration probably got messed up. You'll just have to play with the different settings (check the full screen resolution - if your monitor doesn't support that resolution, that explains the black screen).
  3. price_ringo macrumors newbie

Jan 22, 2005
    ... and something else

I have a related problem. With both 4.7.0 and 4.7.1, I have had -no- visualization. I get the frame rate(varies), song info, and the large Apple logo but no other grahics. Its as if all of the visualization is drawn with black. I have just installed the Ultragroovalicious plug-in from the Apple site and still no graphics. Changing screen size (iBook) has no effect and no preferences have an impact. Help.
  4. matthewbuchanan macrumors newbie

Mar 4, 2005
    price_ringo, try this:

While the Visualizer is running, hold down the CTRL key and hit a number from 1-9 on your keyboard. I picked up this tip on another forum and it fixed the same problem on my setup. I must have hit a similar key combo at some point to disable the Visualizer.

5. aprildmoore macrumors newbie

Feb 19, 2007
    Visualizer problems in iTunes - no light show

Thanks, Matt, for that tip. It fixed the problem of the light show not displaying for me as well. In my case, Control-2 did the trick. Wouldn't it be great if this very simple fix/info was posted in the iTunes help file?

Hmmmm....too crazy! :cool: