Vitual iTunes ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by altaprod, Mar 5, 2007.

1. altaprod macrumors regular

altaprod

I want to create a "virtual" playlist because using iTunes I can have a "Beautiful-Coverflow" library for my offline media such as dvd's, avi's, divx, etc. movies files. I don't think iTunes offers this type of offline archiving.

Do you know of a pre-existing solution to my goal?

I was thinking I could create tiny-white screen mpeg-4 files that could be imported into iTunes and then just pretend they are actual videos and then add the information, i.e. movie name, artwork, etc.

What do you think?

2. altaprod thread starter macrumors regular

altaprod

further thoughts

I currently have all of my offline media archived using "Delicious" library. And although I really love "Delicious" it doesn't have Coverflow, which is just so darn beautiful and fun to use.

Maybe there's a way to use a script (which I don't know how to make) which would allow me to export my delcious library with the information on each DVD and automatically create tiny movie files loaded with the information and artwork. Then I can just import into iTunes.

Am I dreaming or doesn't it seem like someone who knows about scripts could easily do what I'm looking for? Or already has.

I looked on Doug's Applescripts page but didn't find anything which fits the bill.