Viva Pinata is like Animal Crossing but on steroids

Discussion in 'Games' started by Symtex, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Symtex macrumors 6502a

I cannot believe that this forums is not talking about Viva Pinata. Any X360 users most at least rent and try this game. Its the most addictive game I have played in years. I didn't even put my GoW disk in my console since I got the game.

In Viva Pinata, you have a garden that you have to manage. Unlike games like sim city, There is more to the game then making money and then buy new stuff. You have to attract your resident by meeting certain requirement. The joy of seeing a new animal walking around your garden is awesome. There is difference requirement for first sighting, visiting and resident of your garden. There is also Sour pinata that comes and attack your pinata.

The game is a full ecosystem. Certain pinata will fight over each other. Some will eat others. It becomes quite interesting to manage all those pinata with the amount of space given to you.

I don't want to spoil the game too much but go ahead and give it a rent.

2. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Definitely sounds like Animal Crossing... and then some. I'd try it if I had a 360!

Daniel.

3. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I got Viva Pinata today and I am very embarrassed to say I'm lost and don't know what to do. Anyone care to help me? :eek:

4. Symtex thread starter macrumors 6502a

what do you need ?

5. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I essentially don't know what to do really. How embarrassing :eek: I have a few pinatas that I've started with since I lay down some seeds now I'm meant to get them to mate. I'm not sure if I've done it or what to do next

6. Symtex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Press "Y" on the pinata that you want to mate. It will tell you the requirement. Once you meet the requirement, you will have a heart above their head. Direct on to another and they will start the romance dance.

7. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Well, when I get my 360, this will definitely be one of the first games I buy (after GoW, Oblivion and Pro Evo 6). It's good that something has come out for the 360 which can really be called 'different' - usally reserved for Nintendo systems. It's nice to see the 360 isn't just good for FPS's and racing :rolleyes:

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'll stick with Animal Crossing :) but it certainly sounds like this will attract a lot of gamers.

btw, what is a Pinata? some kind of stuffed toy?

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

It's a Hispanic (Latin/Mexican/whatever) party favo(u)r, of sorts. Colorful, usually animal shaped, made of paper mache and filled with candy. You string it up to a tree and pick someone, blindfold them, and let them beat the thing to smithereens with a baseball bat or a stick. Candy everywhere. Much rejoicing.

Wiki article here.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

How bizarre! Reminds me of this educational show I watched maaany years ago that had these kids dressing a log up as Santa Clause and the parents would hide it in the house. Some countries crazy tradition or something.

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

What do you mean no-ones been talking about viva pinata. :rolleyes:

I've been yapping on about it for ages, and started a thread a while ago. ;)

I love it. It's like a Tim Burton Animal Crossing.

Amazing game and definetly game of the year for me (ahead of G.R.A.W by a very small margin)... Though I have yet to play Zelda TP....

12. Symtex thread starter macrumors 6502a

What level are you now ?

13. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

No Tacos or Pinatas.........:(