VMware Fusion strange issue

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by jamin00, Nov 23, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

jamin00

When I close this down, if I have a DVD in he drive it automatically starts.

Why is this??

2. macrumors newbie

Most likely the DVD drive is under control of the VM when it's running (Devices menu, DVD/CD Drive). Once the VM shuts down, the DVD drive is given back to Finder which remounts it as if the DVD was inserted.

Try un-checking the DVD drive in the VMWare Fusion devices menu.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

jamin00

Spot on, cheers :)

4. macrumors member

While We Are On The Subject...

I also have a strange VMWare issue. I thought this would fit perfectly in this thread. Please forgive me if I have mistaken.

When i am using any on my VMs, Windows 7 or Windows 8, on my MBPro, it seems there are several times every hour that I lose mouse and keyboard control. In order to regain control, I have to use ALT-TAB and switch through the applications and select VMWare Fusion again. The active application, meaning VMWare Fusion, never changes but I still have to ALT-TAB to select it, then it works fine for awhile. Rinse and repeat...

I searched for a resolution to this issue but did not find anything specifically related to this issue. Any thoughts?

5. macrumors newbie

luxus13

Hello
    i have the same issue, sorry but i have no answer.