Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prosp

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
This doesn't seem right to me. Here is what i think may happen:

iPhone 5S 32GB 199 on contract /649 unlocked
iPhone 5 16GB 99 on contract /549 unlocked
iPhone 5C 16GB free on contract /449 unlocked

Am I the only one thinking this way?

iPhone 5S 16GB, $199
iPhone 5C 16GB, $199
iPhone 5 16GB, $0

OK, maybe 32GB for both the 5S and the 5C. The fact is a large percentage of people put their iPhones in a plastic or rubber case. Why not just have it in a plastic case to begin with? Lower weight overall and smaller dimensionally.

As for the storage, I would like to see a bump, but I'm not sure they have much financial incentive. Some people will never come close to using 16GB. For them, it's a phone with the internet and that's all. My next phone will have 64GB regardless if it's a 5S or a 5C. I hope the latter.

praterkeith

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2005
Montgomery, AL
that isnt innovation though, its planned obsolescence.
Besides, the push these days is to put more and more resources "off device" in the cloud. I personally think it is a wrong headed direction, but it is the buzz. So limiting a device to only what came with it in terms of OS is not only not a good idea, it simply doesn't jine with the modern way of doing things. Besides, just because an OS is newer does not mean it MUST be more taxing. Though that is what we have seen from IOS so far. It hasn't been that way with OS X versions or even the various Windows OS.

I agree with this. But innovation aside, it simply develops brand loyalty. I had the original iPhone and used it right up until the iPhone 4 came out because I knew I was getting a great product I could use for the two years I was getting myself into a contract. I waited a couple of months before going with the iPhone 5 after it was released, because I have loved my experience with iOS. I am glad we have these choices. It's really that simple with me.

danfrumkin

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2011
Same as iPod touch

Probably they will keep the 16 gig A6 iPhone 5 and release the 32 and 64 gig 5s. Just like they did with the fifth gen iPod touch. Then discontinue the 5 and replace with the 5s 16 gig when the price of parts drops and supply runs low.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.