Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
I wondered why the network has been so bad recently, I've been getting a lot of 'No Service' £50 per month and it sucks...

The only way to get service is to switch off and on again, even a Airplane (which is spelt wrong) should be Aeroplane Mode doesn't work.

I would try 3 but they are THE single worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with, they are cheap for a reason.

SimonMW

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
I upgraded to 6.1 and am on Vodafone. But as they seem to have virtually 0 3G coverage anywhere I go anyway I haven't noticed any difference.
+1! My 3G connection is rarely existent even in built up areas where I would expect it. Usually everyone else I know on O2 or 3 gets a perfect 3G signal even in many countryside areas while my phone is stuck on GPRS!

I'll be changing provider as soon as my contract is up this year.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
This is odd. I am in the UK, but I am with o2 and I don't see any 3G performance issues since upgrading to 6.1

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007
Vodafone in italy is a complete joke, super slow 3G, more grps (1G) than 3G.... they force you to pay everything compared to 3 and TIM. I hope Vodafone UK is different because a message like this would be fun.

"Ohhh wait, sorry it is our problem, we sucks" Vodafone ;-D

cambox

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
omnipresent
There is also an issue with 02 and 6.1 if you try and switch over to 2G it keeps you on 3G without realising it. its only when you see that the battery has gone down like the titanic you see its a bug in the software. Also a small bug is now it says Cellular rather than Mobile?? WTF??

rjjkp

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2010
iphone 4 with the same issues

This afternoon with 5 bars on my ATT in Michigan, USA. the 3G symbol present , I could not get so much at the current local temp. I tried a speed test app and it just spun unable to get even a "ping" reference.
I recently upgraded from iOS5 to 6.1 waiting past the 6.0 versions in hopes to avoid the problems of early adopters.
It would seem even waiting 6months isn't enough. Apple is truly souring once Mr. Jobs has left.
SAD SAD

farleysmaster

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
This afternoon with 5 bars on my ATT in Michigan, USA. the 3G symbol present , I could not get so much at the current local temp. I tried a speed test app and it just spun unable to get even a "ping" reference.
I recently upgraded from iOS5 to 6.1 waiting past the 6.0 versions in hopes to avoid the problems of early adopters.
It would seem even waiting 6months isn't enough. Apple is truly souring once Mr. Jobs has left.
SAD SAD

This sort of thing has always happened from time to time. It may just be a network issue.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
I wondered why the network has been so bad recently, I've been getting a lot of 'No Service' £50 per month and it sucks...

The only way to get service is to switch off and on again, even a Airplane (which is spelt wrong) should be Aeroplane Mode doesn't work.

I would try 3 but they are THE single worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with, they are cheap for a reason.

aeroplane noun a powered machine used for travelling in the air, that is heavier than air and supported in its flight by fixed wings.
ETYMOLOGY: 19c: French.

aeroplane, airplane
Aeroplane is the standard form in British English. Airplane is the normal form in American English, and it is sometimes found in British English also.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
With rumored two new release coming this year, I imagine most users will be moving away from 3g since the iPhone will be available at a discount.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.