Voice recorder for Video iPod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacinDoc, Dec 27, 2005.

1. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

Does anyone know of a voice recorder that is compatible with the Video iPod? And if so, can the recorder take advantage of the Video iPod's significantly improved recording sampling rate?

2. Linam macrumors regular

I am sorry but i do believe there is no such thing out yet for the video iPod.

3. ibilly macrumors regular

what recording options are there for the v ipod? I'm pretty sure that there isn't a linux port out yet, and the belkin recorder sounds terrible so...

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Griffin is coming out with a new iFM. And I'm sure they and Belkin will have new ones. Maybe Apple will come out with one since they did away with the old connector.

5. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Oh yeah. I just realized that. They did get rid of that special expansion thingy. Hmmmm... I wonder what Apple and the other manufacturers have up there sleeve.

6. ibilly macrumors regular

I don't recall an apple-branded input device... when did they have it?

7. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Also note that the "Voice Memos" section under extras is no longer listed, as it was on previous ipods.

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

They didn't. But they had a connector on top for such devices. They did away with that for the video iPods, but Griffin and Belkin are working on new devices for the dock port that remains. I just thought maybe Apple might be working on one of their own. Shame that the recording is higher quality now, but there's nothing to take advantage of it.

9. California macrumors 68040

California

And the recording quality on the Griffin iTalk recorder for my fourth gen iPod is OUTSTANDING.

10. ibilly macrumors regular

11. emutree macrumors member

Personally I think Macworld's going to yield something interesting from someone (and my guess is Apple) for a 5G recorder. Adam Curry had a quote a while back that Apple had told him their next iPods would have excellent podcast recording, and Apple didn't add the great recording quality to the new ones for no reason. If there's a podcasting app in the next iLife iteration I can definitely see the tie-in too.