Volume adjustment?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by clasicks, Jul 4, 2006.

1. clasicks macrumors member

how do you guys go about this in Bootcamped XP?

the keys dont function as in OS X, just wondering what you use.

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

The Apple drivers install includes a little Windows panel (lower right hand side) for controlling the sound via a slider.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Funny, the keys work just fine on my iMac. I wonder if you need to hit fn or something like that on your MB.

B

4. ruutiveijari macrumors regular

They don't work on my iMac while you're playing a game or something. They work just fine while you're using Firefox or editing photos. It's odd.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Mine work fine even in a few games. Otherwise my kids wouldn't be able to turn it down when we yell accross the room to tell them to turn it down! Weird.

B

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Actually I'm wrong on this one.. the slider I was thinking of was a brightness control. The regular volume control icon in Wondows works fine.

I think the reason it works for people's iMacs and not for MBPs/MBs (It doesn't work onmy MBP) is because on the extended keyboard (iMac), those keys are separate. On laptoops, they are doubled with F# keys, which Windows interprets first as F# keys. And (so far) it ignores the "fn" key.