Volume buttons weakening

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bhigh8, Jan 31, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Sep 23, 2012
    Just took off my case and cleaned phone and realized the volume buttons have changed. now when i push them they go in quite a bit without any resistance and finally hit the resistance part and then click. almost like there is lots of "slack" for a lack of a better word",in there.

in the past it would give resistance right when i pressed it. could it be my case? my case makes it hard for the volume buttons to be pressed. i have a belkin candy sheer and its great but the volume buttons arent the smoothist. getting a little worried I am messing up the buttons.

anyone have issues with the buttons weakening?

2. macrumors 6502a

Dec 30, 2007
    Maybe you've been working out? :)

I wouldn't worry about it, if they click and adjust the volume, all is well.
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 23, 2012
    yeah. i am worrying i am doing the damage. thinking of just removing the case so i dont mess up the phone. which is the opposite of what you would think.
  4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 23, 2012
    each button actually clicks twice. first one does nothing, then i push in further and it clicks and adjusts volume. i would like to know if any other phones do this so i will know if its due to the case or not.

it feels like at this rate they wont be working after a year or two.