Volume Control (Keyboard)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SolidSnake, Oct 7, 2006.

1. SolidSnake macrumors regular

I'm looking for an Application or some sort of code that i can use to control system volume (up,down) because it's a pain reaching for the volume on my speakers.
    I would appreciate it so much.
    Thanks

2. bill4588 macrumors 6502a

bill4588

you should be able to press F5 to turn up the volume, F4 to lower it, and F3 to mute.

3. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Ummm... what kind of keyboard are you using? All the Apple keyboards I've seen have dedicated system volume controls built in.

4. SolidSnake thread starter macrumors regular

i'm using a Zippy keyboard that i had to resort to because my Apple keyboard is defunct right now and i have to purchase a new one. None of the F' keys are controlling the volume, but expose does work.

5. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Hmmm... Don't know then. I guess you can always use the mouse and the volume slider.

6. SolidSnake thread starter macrumors regular

:( I've tried that but it's not very fun. Anybody else got something?

7. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

How are the function keys laid out on your keyboard? Are they separate buttons or are they on the number keys and accessed by holding down a function modifier button labeled "FUNT" or "fn" or something like that? If they are separate, try using the modifier key and hitting each function button one by one. That might make the function buttons register as the Mac's system control buttons. Or maybe there's another button modifier you could try. Just throwing the idea out there.

8. SolidSnake thread starter macrumors regular

It's an normal keyboard. They all operate on there own.