Volume keeps resetting in Jaguar

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by ffuentes, Oct 29, 2002.

1. ffuentes macrumors newbie

Hi,

Everytime that I fire up itunes to play music, I find that the balance of the sound shifts over to the right. Sometimes the shift is a considerous one. For the longest time I thought that my speakers were deficient, until one day I looked at the balance. I thought that once I had corrected the balance problem it would stop shifting, yet sure enough about 70% of the time that I boot my mac, the sound is shifted to the right. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

2. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Have you tried all the normal remedies, such as zapping the PRAM (that sounds like (pun not intended) what's going on... generally settings related stuff is PRAM related), and booting into OS 9 to check to see if the problem occurs there too? Try those (cmnd-option-P-R at startup to reset PRAM), and see what happens.

3. ffuentes thread starter macrumors newbie

PRAM

Yeah I have tried resetting the PRAM since I have been getting white error messages when I start up my computer ocasionally. It seems to fix the problem for a few days, but then the balance shifts to the right. It's weird. Using a program like Virtual PC will correct the problem. When I turn off virtual PC, the balance shifts also.

4. DeKa macrumors member

My sound shifts to the right on my 17" iMac 800

Strange isn't it!

Derek