Volume keys on 15 PB working wrong?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by advres, Mar 5, 2004.

1. advres Guest

advres

hey all - Next weekend I am sending in my 15Al in for the old white spot issue and now I have found another issue. Sometimes when trying to adjust the volume via the PB's F3, F4, and F5 volume keys weird things happen. Sometimes they act like they should (volume increase actually increasing the volume, volume decrease actually yada yada yada). Recently I have noticed that the increase button will actually dcrease the volume by a few bars and then it will work for a couple bars and do the same thing. The decrease button is sometimes exibiting similar weirdness.

Has anyone had a problem similar to this? Normally I wouldn't sweat it but in an office, making the music increase by 3-4 bars can really annoy co-workers. Also, Do you think this will dramatically increase the return time on my PB if I have them fix this problem as weel since it is going back to Apple anyway?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

since your sending it back to Apple anyways i would just have them take a look at it, i cant see it taking all that much longer for them to take care of it so long as they can reproduce the problematic activity quickly, however if they cant get it to show the same signs of problems right away then its stay with them can last a little bit longer, but like i said i would just have them take care of it since its going to them anyways....just my 2cents..

3. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

are you running jaguar or panther? i remember something like what you described happening when i had jaguar and pushed those volume buttons repeatedly. it hasn't been a problem since i installed panther, though.

4. advres thread starter Guest

advres

I've been running Panther since it came out. I am now on X.3.2 - This problem did not get introduced with the OS because I would have noticed it sooner. I thought it was only happening with iTunes at first but I just double checked and it was happening with vlc and Quicktime as well.

/confused, my brain hurts