VOTE FOR 1984 as BEST COMMERCIAL

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by lem0nayde, Jan 22, 2004.

1. lem0nayde macrumors regular

2. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Naaa. The best commercial I've ever see was for a video game. It started out as Snuggles the fabric softener bear doing his bit about how soft your clothing will be. A tank tares through the house and snuggles runs for his life with the tank chasing after him through a grassy field. I've never, in my life, laughed so hard. I just about died. I’d kill to find that on the net somewhere.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, for the commercials they're offering as the greatest, the Mac one is the best.

My favorite is the Cat Hearding one from a couple years ago. That was damn funny!

D

4. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

I voted for the Mac, as the most lasting impression of a commercial I can think of.

But that Dew commercial with the cheetah... priceless!:D

5. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Ah timeless!

Here is a video of it (you must click on the other link in the error window for it to work):

Enjoy mr. SiliconAddict

http://n64movies.ign.com/media/news/video/btcommercial.mov

Here is an article from ing64 on the subject:

3DO Pulls Snuggles

3DO voluntarily pulls its BattleTanx commercial featuring a barbecued Snuggles bear.

January 25, 1999 - 3DO has pulled its hilarious BattleTanx commercial featuring a little teddy bear being chased down by a tank, set on fire, run over and finally coughing up some of his fluffy innards.

Our sister site Next Generation reported on Friday that Conopco, Inc., trading as Lever Brothers Company, filed for an injunction against 3DO Corporation, claiming that the little bear infringed on its trademarked Snuggles the Bear. A Federal judge ruled against the injunction, yet 3DO voluntarily pulled the ad so as to avoid any costly legal fees. 3DO's stock has gained over 50% in value recently (currently trading at around 6 7/16), so the company's conservative approach is understandable.

The incident hasn't scared 3DO too much though, as the upcoming commercial for the PSX version of Army Men 3D promises to be quite amusing.

In case you missed this funny commercial click below to see it in QuickTime format.

6. slowtreme macrumors 6502

The cat hearders, and the "Office Linebacker" were probably the best commercials I ever saw.

7. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Re: VOTE FOR 1984 as BEST COMMERCIAL

The HTML validator says it's got 46 errors :eek:

9. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

10. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

OMG, that was hillarious! I'd never seen that! Thanks for the link!:eek: :eek: :D

11. marcsiry macrumors member

Same poll on AOL.com

AOL is running a similar Superbowl commercial poll on their site:

http://www.aol.com/superbowl/ads_greatest1.adp

It's a site supporting the CBS show referenced above. One difference is that the AOL site has the '1984' commercial (and all the commercials) available in Quicktime.

Considering how AOL is buddying up with Apple on iTunes, I think we need to show AOL how much love there is for Apple!

I voted. Unfortunately, we have to wait for the CBS show to see the results.

Go Apple (although the cheetah one isn't bad either)!