Vote for Steve Jobs at Forbes...

Discussion in 'Community' started by solvs, Jul 3, 2003.

1. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

And against Steve Ballmer.

http://www.forbes.com/2003/01/21/cx_ceotech.html

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but Appleturns pointed out this poll at Forbes.com where you can vote to either approve or disapprove of certain CEOs. Jobs is at 50% because a certain Windows site is telling people to vote against him. Ballmer has less overall votes, but he has a higher approval rating.

PLEASE vote for our Steve, and against M$'.

2. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

3. jethroted macrumors 6502a

jethroted

4. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

did u vote no on everyone else? i did :D ;)

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

What windows site tells them against steve?

bah, bad for them.

6. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

Dunno. Appleturns didn't say. Thought I'd find it, but couldn't. Could be any # of them. Doesn't really matter though, because most of them don't even know anything about Apple, let alone Jobs. The ones that do are voting against him because he really is turning Apple around. Threatening their little M$ world. As if the world would be better if M$ had NO competition. Yeah that'd be great. :rolleyes:

Like anybody really likes Steve Ballmer.

7. jethroted macrumors 6502a

jethroted

Everyone but cisco. I have nothing against them, and I'm getting my CCNA so I gave them good marks too.

8. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

We have got to find more people to vote on this. Jobs is now showing 44% thumbs up to 56% thumbs down.

And Ballmer still has a thumbs up!?! :mad:

This is Steve Ballmer we're talking about.

Developers, developers, developers.

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

This is why these polls really are a bunch of crap - until this recent push be the pc site (not sure which one) jobs was in the 80s, now he's below 50 %.......:rolleyes:

D

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I would say that we are lucky that Steve Jobs is doing at a 45% approval rating. When Mac people only are 5% of the market. Steve Balmer is at 57%. It appears that more Mac people are voting!

11. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I agree. Forbes needs to find a better way to do these polls. Whenever someone drops 40%, there's bound to be something wrong. :rolleyes:

12. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

How about a sigificant drop then they should stop the polling, seriously man.

Meh, get more people to go there!!

13. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

I've been trying, but this keeps getting bumped off the front page because of that stupid sandwich thread (ok, so I added to the problem, so sue me). The fact that he's getting such a low mark is a good thing. Means the PC weenies don't like the fact that he's doing such a good job (no pun intended). Look at how many people have voted for him overall. Vs. Ballmer, who's winning but has far fewer votes.

If it helps, it's now part of my sig.

14. the_wallcrawler macrumors regular

15. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

The site should nullify all votes coming from someone referred by a page outside Forbes.

16. Simon Liquid macrumors regular

It's obvious someone is stuffing the ballot boxes. Look at the trend, every month before now Jobs is over 80%. Suddenly he drops down under 50%, and why? Because Apple announced some fantastic new products that blow away the competition?

Also, look at the Ballmer trend. Over the last few months his high approval ratings was 31% and his low was 18%. Now it's at 55%!?!?! Please.

17. BaghdadBob macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

I agree, this is clearly a symptom of PC users going "Damn mac users, they think they're so cool with their new technology! I'm gonna go vote against them!"

I mean, I'm not a real big Jobs fan, but how can you reasonably have a seious downturn in his approval rating when the company just goes up and up?

How pathetic.

18. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

Re: Vote for Steve Jobs at Forbes...

i like sj for certain reasons, as do i steve wozniak...but as business corporation ceo types...no dice

if just about any other ceo had apple's business reigns in the beginning....we would be the microsoft, not bill gates and his saavy, yet monopolistic ways

sj is more famous for what he didn't do, or know, or predict more than what he did for apple...but right now, he's holding the fort and that's all any ceo can do for apple right now, because while apple won some early wars/battles in the beginning, microsoft won the main war a long, long time ago

sj may never become a smart numbers man, but as far as innovative ideas and inspirational rallying of its believers, he may be one of the greatest ever

of all the ceo or leaders in high tech, i would want to meet him the most one on one

i have met one of the founders of sun (very humble) and david packard (who was really into entrepreneurship) and one of my teachers in college was once larry ellison's business advisor (didn't always have the best things to say about the man's personality )