Vote or DIE.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mike Teezie, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I am so ashamed to be a young person right now.

link

2. Spymit007 macrumors regular

Spymit007

Hey, if you voted, you have nothing to be ashamed about. I've thought long and hard about what can be done in order to get people in our age group to vote...I'm still thinking...

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yeah, you know, that's what could've turned this whole election. Young people would've made the difference.

Maybe that "slacker" designation isn't unfair. I mean, if you can't save your country by getting your lazy ass out to vote....

EDIT: By the way, unless we pull out a last-minute miracle, I'm ashamed to be an Ohioan.

4. Bobcat37 macrumors member

You mean uneducated young people? Oops, did I just say that :p

Anyway, I voted, and I'm young, and I went with Bush. I don't think all young people are liberals... just a lot of them... until they're enlightened!

5. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

are you sure you don't mean jaded? :rolleyes:

6. Mike Teezie thread starter macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I prefer to call them brain-washed.

No thanks. I'm not drinking that Kool-Aid - I'm proud to say I'll be socially liberal for life.

Back on topic - The sort of buzz I got from voting today is so far gone right now.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Question? Who attacked us on 9/11?

A) Bin Laden?
    B) Saudi Arabians?
    C) Saddam?

There are WMDs in Iraq, and they were ready to attack us:

1) True
    2) False

Considering how many Bush voters couldn't answer those questions correctly, I wouldn't say enlightened. BTW, I'm not a Liberal. I just don't like being misled. Where is Bin Laden again?

8. Mike Teezie thread starter macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Having a hearty chuckle somewhere, I'd bet my bottom dollar. Or my bottom pound, if I can get this moving to England thing sorted out.

Thanks, my generation.

9. sarae macrumors 6502

I think one should have to pass an IQ test to prove that they're capable of intelligent thought, before being allowed to vote. Then again, one should have to pass a slightly more rigorous test to be allowed to run for the presidency. If so, we would all be in a better place right now.

10. vwcruisn macrumors regular

me just wants a president that is more smarter than me is.

11. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

You know, thats how black people were discriminated against after the civil war.

12. thatwendigo macrumors 6502a

thatwendigo

Now it's just more underground, limited to things like circulating flyers that impersonate election officials, tell Democrats the polls are being rotated to Wednesday, and that any potential unpaid parking ticket will result in your being arrested when you go to vote.

:rolleyes:

13. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

Or going around slashing republican voter's car's tire. Or tampering with voting machines for your own personal agenda. Such and such

The argument goes both ways. In most cases though, liberals tend to be more vocal then conservatives.