Voting can win you $1,000,000

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by it5five, Jul 30, 2006.

1. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I don't know if any of you had heard about this yet, it seems to be all over the news.

I don't think this is such a good idea. Like people in the article pointed out, all this will accomplish is bringing large amounts of uneducated voters to the polls.

EDIT: here's the original article

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/17/u...26060428eeb1ed&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yeah...like we need even more of those. :rolleyes:

Another problem I have with it: are we really that pathetic/apathetic that we need a lottery to get us off our lazy butts to vote? Jesus, if you're going there just for a chance at the money, you are one lousy American.

4. it5five thread starter macrumors 65816

it5five

What's dissapointing is that the voters in Arizona will pass this, just like they will with other ridiculous measures like making English the official language of the state :)rolleyes: ), and ammending the state Constitution to make same sex marriages illegal.

I hate this state.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Maybe if you win you can leave. ;)

Of course you will probably get drunk on your way out and end up in Sheriff Joe's Tent City -- and if you are a good little felon, you can be on the chain gang.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

This is a terrible, terrible idea for obvious reasons.