Voting never felt so good...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LeeTom, Nov 2, 2004.

1. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Well,
    I made my vote today, and I'll tell you... as soon as I dropped that ballot in I felt a wave of emotion, like all the pain of the last four years coming to an end. Every awful moment that this president has created flowed through my blood and welled up, and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

George W. Bush, I've been waiting a long time for this.
    This is for my Iranian friend that was deported without reason.
    This is for treating immigrants, including my wife, like animals.
    This is for the blood of countless people that is on your hands.
    This is for that stupid little smirk-ridden condescending attitude.
    This is for my grandfather, who voted Republican his whole life, but said he could not fathom voting for you this year. True to his word, he passed away last Spring.

You're outta here.
    I will never forget.
    Lee Tom

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Wow.

I'll go along with the "blood on your hands" and "condescending attitude" statements, and add that my vote was for all those old people like my mother-in-law who pay a friggin' fortune for their medicines because you (Bush) won't let us import them from Canada, and you won't even let Medicare negotiate lower prices with the drug companies. This was for my co-worker who's probably going to declare bankruptcy because she's got a full-time job and a part-time job and both of them together don't pay enough for her and her daughter to live on. This is because so many people I know have lost their jobs; I've never seen anything like that before in my lifetime. But mostly, this was because you and your gang of thugs act like the world is your b---h.

If you go down tonight, I'll be dancing with glee.

3. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

Although I disagree with your view points, It is good that you voted because that is what America is about.

I also don't see how he has treated immigrants as animals being an immigrant myself.

4. LeeTom thread starter macrumors 68000

LeeTom

We must have had very different experiences with the Immigration & Naturalization Service (Now called Homeland Security).

Lee Tom

5. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

In fairness, the INS have always been a**holes. Coming from a family that has an American mother and English father, both myself and my siblings were often threatened with deportation throughout the late 80's and 90's.

In an ironic twist, my sister now works for the INS/HS in LA...funny world, ain't it?

6. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Great post.

I voted for Kerry today, and it DID feel really good.