Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hugemullens

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 15, 2002
Michigan
Howdy all, i realize this probley isnt legal but i did pay for VPC with win2k so i dont feel i am doing anything wrong. What i want to do is install vpc on my powerbook and copy over the win2k installation to itfrom my powermac. i have some programs and files i would like to keep intact. Can this be done and if so how? what files do i have to copy and how do i make vpc see them. Its vpc 6. Thanks all.

Huked on Fonick

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
1 Loop
install VPC and then copy over ur diskimage, and ur done..........all urs files for win2k etc will go along with it as well as win2k (install VPC and give it the same name as ur other computer or u can change the name of diskimage to match ur new one it doesent matter)

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Re: VPC Copy of Win2k

Originally posted by hugemullens
Howdy all, i realize this probley isnt legal but i did pay for VPC with win2k so i dont feel i am doing anything wrong. What i want to do is install vpc on my powerbook and copy over the win2k installation to itfrom my powermac. i have some programs and files i would like to keep intact. Can this be done and if so how? what files do i have to copy and how do i make vpc see them. Its vpc 6. Thanks all.
Duff-Man says....while there are some programs with licenses that allow you install on a laptop as well as a desktop (as long as you are the primary user of both...) - MS Office for instance....Virtual PC is not one of those, so yes what you are doing is not legal (just for the record). I wonder though, now that VPC is in M$'s hands, if they will change the EULA to match that of Office for Mac?.......of yeah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.