VPC on PBG4

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Macpoops, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Macpoops macrumors 6502

I've been having some problems when running VPC on my Powerbook. I am running Windows 2000 and am not running anything intensive inside it. I just leave it on to run Kazaa over night. Usually i wake up in the morning to the jet engine sounds of my Powerbook's fan in high speed and VPC is completely unresponsive and must be force quit. Any idea what is causing it? or any ways to fix it?

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

what are your system specs? os 9 or x? jag? have the latest vpc update and all that?

etc.

3. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

kazaa is one of the absolute worst pieces of adware/spyware/trojanware/bloatware software in the windows world. it eats resources, network saturates networks, and opens your computer up to attack (luckily its just vpc). i would say kazaa is your problem.

4. Macpoops thread starter macrumors 6502

I am running it under Jag 10.2.1 on a 667 with a gig of ram and have the latest updates to VPC. And I am running Kazaa Lite.

5. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

why do you need KaZaa?? there are lots of alternatives for Mac. a really good one is Acquisition, it connects to the Morpheus and Gnutella networks. a new version was just released and you can get it from veriontracker.

i don't see why KaZaa is so good?

6. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

two words: non-western songs

irmongoose

7. Macpoops thread starter macrumors 6502

Kazaa is so good because of it's vast file selection and the fact that it's downloads almost always go through in a timely manner. Thats alot more then i can say for any gnutella client as for acquisition connect to morpheus networks, it's no big thing any gnutella client can connect to it because infact morpheus i now a gnutella program.

Have you used Kazaa? when it comes to downloading any type of media i think it beats just about anything hands down.

8. Dr. Distortion macrumors regular

I usually use WinMX for getting raw manga and anime and other non-western stuff...

Oh, and if you're looking for many (illegal) movies and (pc) warez you might want to try:

http://javadc.sourceforge.net/

-Dr. D.