VPC Question

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by drastik, Feb 1, 2003.

1. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

Alright, I went out and got VPC with DOS. I have my old Win95 disk (only PC I've ever owned, piece of crap) Anyway, I can't make the stupid VPC boot from the disk, anyone here install Windows on VPC from a Windows Disk instead of an OS Pack? Any ideas?

2. dricci macrumors 6502a

You'll probably need to load the boot disk image included with VPC first. Read the manual for the exact way to do this, as I don't remember off the top of my head.

Then just navigate to the drive letter at the prompt and run the installer .exe from the CD.

3. jaykk macrumors 6502a

click on the CD button in status bar

I dont use any VPC anymore, but i had VPC 5, all u have to do is click on CD button after installing CD, it will give u options to select CD. i never had any problem. I bought VPC 5 with DOS and installed my own Windows XP Pro ( not a VPC OS pac). it worked just fine. But i have only 550 Mhz with 512 Mb ram, so its unusable. Since then I switched to Remote Desktop Connection, I installled OS on a old PII 333 Mhz. I amzed that XP Pro boots faster on that system than Mac OS X on 550 Mhz.

4. drastik thread starter macrumors 6502a

drastik

all right, got the system loaded. Anybosy know how to get my internet into it? I have cable runing right into the G4

5. jaykk macrumors 6502a

run Internet Connection Setup wizard

M$ has done a great job with xp pro, it automatically recoganizes internet connection. So my i just open the internet explorer, it just recognizes my mac os x connection as active. ( or VPC helps Xp pro to recognize that..) I think u need to run Internet Connection Setup Wizard, and select as Lan to get connection.i am not so sure.

6. drastik thread starter macrumors 6502a

drastik

fixed that problem, now how do I transfer files between the two?

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

you need to install the vpc additions and then set up a shared drive, or you can just drag file on top of the windows desktop from the mac desktop and vice versa.

iJon