VPN setup

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by paulincanada, Apr 20, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Apr 20, 2013
    I am using 10.8.3 on a 2011 iMac.

I have subscribed to a VPN service (HideMyAss). It was working fine at one point. I screwed up my computer and had to reinstall Mountain Lion last year.

Since then I cannot get the VPN client for HMA to work. It starts up and cannot find any servers. I restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled and no luck. This is the error messages that come up

loadIpInfo. Retrying... Attempt 4 of 10...
    loadConfigFile Could not connect to the server.

after the 10 attempts I get this message...

I then tried to set up PPTP natively within Mountain Lion Network settings...it all sets up fine but when I try to connect I get an error message immediately when I try to connect to the VPN

Any ideas on what is going on? I get the feeling this is a OSX issue, not a HMA client issue... Is it possible to reinstall the network components of Mountain Lion?

2. macrumors 68000

Oct 30, 2008

o The server address should be entered in the Network Preferences for the VPN entry without the http://

o In the Advanced pane of the Network Preferences, select the TCP/IP tab, try checking the Configure ipv4 to Using PPP and Configure ipv6 to Automatically.

o In the Proxies tab, uncheck all the protocol tick-boxes

Hope one of these might help.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 20, 2013
    All those settings are as you suggested, no luck...:mad:
  4. macrumors newbie

Apr 9, 2013
    Try Clearing up all the registry file of HMA and then re install the whole thing... It worked for me ...
  5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 20, 2013