Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tonyhaz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2014
Anyone have a vpn that will work in the UK ? I can't watch some things on movie box just has Why instead of watch

Tonyhaz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2014
I use onavo. It's free and works fine with moviebox in the UK.

Hi
I got onavo from iTunes, set it up but I still able to play the movies I want ? Even some tv shows wo t play, it's must be something on Virgin media stopping me :-(
All I get is (why) then it says get free vpn, but tried it from the site they say a still nothing, trasers is one of the films and TV shows Arrow

Last edited:

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Hi
I got onavo from iTunes, set it up but I still able to play the movies I want ? Even some tv shows wo t play, it's must be something on Virgin media stopping me :-(
All I get is (why) then it says get free vpn, but tried it from the site they say a still nothing, trasers is one of the films and TV shows Arrow

I'm using Onavo on my iPad right now to watch MovieBox with a virgin media connection.

Uninstall and reinstall. Go to settings - VPN click the i next to Onavo and set it to connect on demand. Make sure it's actually connected and try again.

I use it with Kodi addons too which are blocked by Virgin media.

Tonyhaz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2014
Wish I knew why it don't work on some films, and Tv shows, Also what's happ to HD cinema?

Tonyhaz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2014
I need a very clever person to fix my problem, I have a ipad 2 that's jailbroken
I'm on Virgin media in the UK, movie box works, but I can't watch some this because the download or play isn't displayed, I just get the (why) is says install a vpn, I've done this and still they films won't play. I am at a loss as to what it can be, I've installed onavo vpn, and the one movie box says use don't connect for me.
There must be one brainiac out there who can fix this for me

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I'm in the US and I use ZenMate (VPN service) on my iPad to watch BBC iPlayer content. It's worked flawlessly for me for the past couple months. They have an application that handles all of the profiles and stuff and it's as easy as tapping it on and off. I'd recommend it. :)

EDIT: Make sure you've selected the specific location, the default might be the UK for the VPN you use.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
I'm in the US and I use ZenMate (VPN service) on my iPad to watch BBC iPlayer content. It's worked flawlessly for me for the past couple months. They have an application that handles all of the profiles and stuff and it's as easy as tapping it on and off. I'd recommend it. :)

EDIT: Make sure you've selected the specific location, the default might be the UK for the VPN you use.

Onavo doesn't have locations to select like most other VPN's. Just on or off.

Tonyhaz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2014
Ive installed zen but still no luck, I tried UK and usa but nothing, it's things like arrow and a few other us shows that don't load, and films are getting the same way, I still have some that load, but it's anoying that they won't load in, and driving me mad why, moviebox not as good as it used to to
Also when vpn is on it won't work with my Apple TV

Man I'm suffering here lol

Tonyhaz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2014
Nothing seems to work to get them films to work, vpn load and working but still get the (Why isn't this film loading) where play should be

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.