VT102 Font corrupted? Please Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mastif, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Mastif macrumors newbie

Aug 4, 2004
    Hi ive been using the font 'VT102' on my website (mastifnet.tk) and have recently upgraded to Photoshop CS.
    Since upgrading the font appears corrupted meaning that i cannot edit my website without changing the font. I can actually use the font but the 'bold' setting is only available without a choice to change to regular. The font works in every app except Adobe apps, which my website is built in.

Ive tried loads to get it to work including reinstalling it and importing the font from another computer.

Please help and give me any suggestions.

Im using OS X 10.3.4 on a 800mhz 15" iMac.

Thanks alot.
  2. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    Why do you use a font that so few users have installed? VT102 is bitmapped font and is very old. As time goes by, these fonts display unexpected behavior in applications that expect PostScript or TrueType fonts. There is the possibility that the font may also be corrupted. My first recommendation would be to switch to a font that your audience actually uses. If you insist on designing a website that displays properly only on your own machine and those of a few miscellanous Mac veterans, then you should install another copy of the font. If this doesn't work, then you are free to use a text editor to edit your web pages in HTML.