VYPER XM

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by stirx, Aug 16, 2005.

1. stirx macrumors newbie

Looking at buying a Booq Vyper XM...

1) Is it as bulky as it looks??
    2) Will it fit my Ibook well??
    3) Im worried about some of the comments made by others that its a bit flimsy / possibly not as protective as it boasts.

Can anyone suggest an alternative - I want a cool looking highly protective sleeve (I'm out and about quite a bit) that isnt too bulky.

Cheers, Kirsty

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I just got mine (Vyper M) on Friday...

1. It's not at all bulky. It fits the PowerBook quite tightly without making the overall package much bigger than the PB itself.

2. The one I got is SPECIFICALLY for the PB 15", but I assume that the Vyper XM would fit the iBook just as well as my Vyper M fits my PB.

3. It's protective ENOUGH. This ain't Samsonite, but it will protect your notebook from scratches and short falls (NOTE: I have not and will not be dropping mine to test its effectiveness!) and the elements.

3. stirx thread starter macrumors newbie

cool, anyone got any pics with the case (with ibook inside) next to something so I can see it in perspective?

4. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

I have booq Vyper XS for my new 12" iBook.

Fit is good, and case will likely provide as much protection from a sleeve as possible. I often just carry my iBook around in the sleeve, unless I'm commuting on train and need to take other stuff.

I just wish it had a little handle.....but....it is a sleeve.

5. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

6. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

If you're looking for something similar that's a bit more substantial than the Viper, you might consider the Booq PowerSleeve.
    Here is what the 15" PowerSleeve looks like.

As you requested, it has a separate handle AND a shouler strap.
    It also has a small front pocket (perfect for power block) and a back pocket which will hold a folder or some magazines.

Hope that helps!

7. stirx thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks ppl,

Also, anyone know if its possible to buy a silcone case for your ibook?