w1900 and 2005fpw how's the TV quality

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rapps, Jul 21, 2005.

1. rapps macrumors regular

Hi,
    I'm thinking about getting either a Dell w1900 or 2005fpw. Has anyone tried to use the 2005fpw as a tv? I know you need a tuner for it....but I was wondering how the quality was....especially compared to the w1900?
    Thanks

2. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

TV Quality is pretty good on the 2005fpw, infact I use it as my flat panel tv in the basement, and it does the job.

Best monitor I've ever bought, you'll love it.

Widescreen's the Way to go these days.

3. rapps thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info! I have a tivo......can I just use the component video output from that and then go line-in to my computer speakers to get the Tivo on the 2005? I know I need a tv tuner to get the tv to work on the LCD....so should the Tivo do the trick?

Thanks!

oh....btw...how's the pip feature?

4. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

PIP is sweet, so many different ways you can set it up. TiVo should do the trick. But there is no component input on the 2005, just a composite video, s-video and dvi.

I have it setup the following way. -- I have a Comcast DVR Box, Composite Video Out going into Composite Video In on the 2005. L & R Audio Out going into a Set of Powered Speakers.

Hope this helps. Anymore ? send em my way.

5. rapps thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate you letting me know everything....I haven' t seen too many posts about using the monitor as a TV also. If I come up with anything else...I'll be sure to PM you. Thanks again.