Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crewkid89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
United States
This more for documentation in case anyone else is looking to use a new wacom tablet on their PPC mac.

I am using a Wacom Bamboo Splash. The box says that it works on 10.5+ intel only. This is true for the apps that come with it, but the driver version that comes with it was known to work on PPC. The installer.app on the disc shows the no smoking sign. To get the driver installer, right click and select "Show Package Contents". The driver is located under resources. Click Install Bamboo.pkg.

I hope this is helpful to someone especially since I was unable to find the correct driver on Wacom's website.

Reactions: barracuda156

kumquat

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2011
Do you know if this might work with an Intuos5? According to their driver pages, they stopped making PPC compatible drivers with the Intuos4. I'm specifically hoping to be able to give pressure input to an Intuos5 in CS2 on a PPC PowerMac G5 running 10.4.11 and CS2 only states that it supports Intuos3...Any suggestions on which if any drivers might bridge the chasm?

skinniezinho

Suspended
Jan 1, 2009
Portugal
Do you know if this might work with an Intuos5? According to their driver pages, they stopped making PPC compatible drivers with the Intuos4. I'm specifically hoping to be able to give pressure input to an Intuos5 in CS2 on a PPC PowerMac G5 running 10.4.11 and CS2 only states that it supports Intuos3...Any suggestions on which if any drivers might bridge the chasm?

Have you tried installing on your computer?
I just went to wacom website, downloaded the latest one for 10.5 and installed fine on my G5 running 10.5.8
You can try on 10.4.11
I can't test the wacom because I don't have one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.