Wacom Graphire 4 Classic (ok?)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by notheremuch, Mar 6, 2006.

1. notheremuch macrumors member

I am thinking about getting the entry level Wacom Graphire 4 Classic, board and pen set. I do a enough minor touch ups (in PSE4, Nikon Capture 4.4 and PhotoStudio 4.0) that it is probably worth it.

(I also make a tremendous amount of wallpapers, and I think the pen will really help in tracing and cutting out images)

Seeing as the next Wacom option is twice the price (for the larger surface), does anyone have good experiences with the Classic 4?

Thanks

2. starnox macrumors 6502

I think I have that model. It came free with my CS2 Student Edition. Haven't had any problems with it. For me it was just a nice addition. I have used it in illustrator and photoshop a bit. I quite like it :)

3. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

yeah, i had the graphire, i took it back and plan to get the intuos in the next couple of weeks. i think it was pretty good but it doesnt have the tilt sensitivity that i need.

Im sure if you are not using it professionally that you will get on just fine with it...

4. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Like BakedBeans said as long as you don't need to use it professionally you should be fine. If you will be using it at a higher level go with the Intuos as the pen is much better and so are the tablet features.
    I have the Intuos 3 6x8 and it's much better than the Graphire (I had one and sold it to help get the Intuos). Just for starting out or mild work you'll have a nice smile on your face after you get the feel for the pen :D