Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO
I have an original Graphire that worked fine in 10.1. After upgrading, the tablet was not recognized, and after uninstalling the driver I'm not able to install a new one. The installer quits instantly. Someone on MacInTouch seems to have gotten it working with an Intuos, but doesn't give a lot of details.

Anyone encountered and/or fixed this? Suggestions?

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i went to the Wacom site to get the drivers (or what i thought was the drivers) and it still wouldn't let my Graphire work properly. i just installed the drivers that came with it, but i still have to try it.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i just installed the drivers from the CD & here's what i got for all my trouble: <see the pic>

i haven't restarted yet though, so that might fix it. i'll do that tomorrow, too busy now to restart.

Attachments

• picture 1.pdf
    7.9 KB · Views: 116

MacUser1

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2001
New York, NY
graphire2

i'm going to get my graphire2 tomorrow. my friend said that he had no problems with it in Jaguar. so i hope everything goes well for me. :)

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
thats kinda odd..

i used to have troubles in jaguar when i had an installation on a FW drive.. and now i have it locally and my graphire works fine.. i juss installed the drivers and it works great..

the old drivers may be corrupted... did you do a clean install, or an upgrade install..?

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO
I'm booting off the internal drive, not a FW drive, but it's an upgrade rather than a reinstall, and I know that's bound to cause some problems, but I'm not sure how to remedy this one. I've removed all the Wacom-installed extensions and apps and such. Tried to identify and remove everything related to the tablet, but I still can't get any of the installers to work. They pop up the default application icon in the dock for about half a bounce and then they exit spontaneously. I've tried every driver release on the site.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i installed the latest drivers from the wacom site & i still get a message saying that the drivers didn't load at startup. i'm going to the Wacom site agian now to get the OS X beta drivers...

has anyone else got their tablet to work in 10.2? will any of the drivers work, or does wacom need a 10.2 driver?

MacUser1

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2001
New York, NY
tablets

ok, it took me awhile to get my graphire2 (since 3 apple retail stores didn't have them i had to go to compusa). i plugged the tablet into a belkin USB hub and opened up sytem prefs on my powermac g4. Inwell automatically appeared. i installed the drivers (from wacom's site) anyway and restarted. the tablet software and inwell both worked fine. the tablet works in all my apps (photoshop, word, etc.)

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
hhmmm.... you just got the drivers from Wacom's site? and then it all just worked fine? which drivers did you get, the OS X or the OS X beta. i've tried the OS X ones & it didn't work. i'll get rid of all the Wacom stuff & try again with the beta drivers.

cc bcc

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2001
nl
I got an error message when starting up the first time after installing Jaguar. I reinstalled the beta drivers and my tablet (intuos) works fine now.

The scroll wheel (Wacom 4D mouse) has a weird behaviour now, it scrolls faster when I move my mouse down while scrolling. :confused:

ryanweb

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2001
NY
I installed lates driver from Wacom and them restarted computer with tablet plugged into USB on the keyboard. Works great, I can write in any program!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.