Wacom Intuos's gray cover peeling off?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by YS2003, Dec 2, 2006.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Is this normal? My new 6X11's gray cover peels off like this. The top part seems to stay connected (I did not pull out any further). My 9X12 does also exhibit the similar peeling off at the lower right edge.
    If it peels off altogether, do I have to glue it on to the main unit?
    Or, is this a defect?

This is the peel-off pix.
    [​IMG]

This is the close-up on the tablet surface; you can see the gray cover is off the surface. But, the top part seems to stay put with the tablet main unit.
    [​IMG]

2. LeviG macrumors 65816

Not used a intuos but my old graphire cover was transparent and lifted to allow sketching over an image laid underneath. Place something under it, if you can see it then its normal, if not then probably needs fixing.

3. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

This gray cover is not transparent. So, I cannot use it as a tracing purpose.

Also, it seems I can use the tablet with the cover. I touched under that cover with Intuos pen and Intuos recognizes the input. My guess is this cover is to improve surface feel. The gray cover has some rubbery feel to it to give you the feeling of writing on the normal paper (a little bit of resistance between nib and surface).

4. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

5. thebrain74 macrumors regular

This is happening to mine too. Wacom apparently designed the pads to be replaceable so the adhesive is pretty weak....I guess they think your gonna draw so hard as to make grooves or something. Anyway, the offer replacements (I'm not sure if theyre sticky or not) and theyre somely astronomical like $15 or $18 plus shipping :eek: WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:mad: