Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gmcalpin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
Somerville, MA
Wacom is finally updating the Cintiq line-up with modern technology! In a tweet earlier today, they mentioned that they're showing off a new Cintiq Pro 13 and Cintiq Pro 16 at Adobe MAX this week.

They feature the new Pro Pen 2, which debuts with the Wacom Mobile Studio Pro this month, have 4K screens — and while this isn't mentioned, the product photos clearly show either a Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C port:

bluejay16d_10.jpg
I can't quite make out the two ports on the other side, next to what appears to be a headphone jack, but maybe one of you has better eyes than me:

bluejay16d_2.jpg
No word on pricing, but I expect them to cost at least one arm and one leg.

You can found out more and sign up to get updated about the product here: http://eu.shop.wacom.eu/download?id=63

As a cartoonist, this is EXACTLY what I've been waiting for. I love my iPad, but an iPad Pro seems a bit large for everything except drawing — I really want a "dumb" tablet that I can hook up to my computer… and, unlike the current Cintiq 13HD, doesn't have some giant honking cable.

With USB-C/Thunderbolt 3, this will obviously pipe power, data, and video all through one small cable. For me, THIS is what I've been waiting for since Thunderbolt was first announced.​

Last edited:

Pencilnink

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2016
Interesting. So I would assume the main difference between this and the Mobilestudio pro is that it's not a Windows 10 machine? Just like the current Cintiq vs Cintiq Companion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.