Wacom Tablets

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by imacintel, Jul 5, 2006.

1. imacintel macrumors 68000

Do wacom tablets have photo editing software with them? I like to draw onmy machine, and I think a tablet would be great for stuff I do. I am learning how to draw flash animations, and it is hard as **** to draw ith the Mouse. I also would like to edit some of my photos I have.

Thankyou, your help is appreiciated.:)

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

3. emw macrumors G4

emw

In my experience, no software is included, although some retailers may offer bundles. Perusing the Wacom website does not indicate any software that ships with the tablets.

4. imacintel thread starter macrumors 68000

Now the Graphire, what I was looking for includes PhotoShop elements. Unfortunately, it might not include a mac version.:(

5. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Yes, Graphires still include Mac versions of both PS Elements and Painter Essentials.

6. Egosphere macrumors member

(Now Adobe's) Macromedia Flash (as in not Macromedia Flash Player) fully supports Wacom tablets.

7. imacintel thread starter macrumors 68000

Ok! I am set!

Thanks for da help!

8. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Yes the software comes with them as I'm waiting for my 9x12 to get here (back-order because of updated software). As far as the Flash drawing goes, yes it's easy as that's what I do with a Wacom. Just take the time to program/setup your pen once you get it using Flash or it will be a mess from hell. The Intuos3 has great shortcut keys on the Tablet itself that you won't be able to due without IMO.