Wacom Tablets?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Benjamindaines, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I'm looking to buy a Wacom tablet and was wondering with the difference between the black and white ones is. The black ones are double the price :eek: I'm looking at them on a web site, the call the white one a graphics tablet and the black one a digitizer tablet... which just confuses me even more. Anyone know what the difference is?

2. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Not sure what web site you're looking at... but my guess is that the white ones they are showing are the Graphire model:
    http://www.wacom.com/graphire/index.cfm

and the black ones are the Intuos model:
    http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/intuos.cfm

Not sure which one would be right for you though... Graphire is considered their "consumer" model, while Intuos is geared toward professional graphic artists/photographers/etc.

3. mustard macrumors 6502a

mustard

Any one feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but the black one that you refer to is an Intous 3 (I have one) where the white on is a Graphire

Intous > Graphire (overall)
    Price $199 to 749 < $99 to 249
    Size 4X5 to 12X19 in > 4X5 to 6X8 in
    Levels 1024 > 512
    Tilt Yes > No
    BT No < Yes
    Accessories Yes > No
    Buttons 8 w/two slides >2 w/one scroll wheel

And there are other differences I am sure that can be seen at www.wacom.com

4. elbirth macrumors 65816

I'ved used a Graphire in an Apple store before (I think the 4x5... it was tiny) and I didn't really like it. It was basically like drawing on a piece of glass... The glossy plastic covering on it didn't feel responsive at all and was overall awkward.

I personally own a 9x12 Intuos2 which I love. I'd really like to get an Intuos3 but can't really see the point in upgrading since what I have has been working perfectly for the past 5-6 years. I'd really love to get a Cintiq, however, because as much as the pen helps with accuracy over a mouse (not to mention pressure sensivity... it's to die for), being able to draw directly on what you're editing is priceless.

5. Bear macrumors G3

Although it is fairly easy to guess whoich ones you're talking about, providing the name and size also helps just so people are answering the correct question.

And as to your question, have you looked at the Wacom web site to see the features of each model?