Wait a sec... no more iCal to do items? Please tell me it's not true!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jbg232, Feb 25, 2011.

1. macrumors 65816

jbg232

I've been looking at all the videos of the new iCal and where the heck is the to do item list? Does it exist anymore?

2. macrumors 6502

Steve Ballmer

Cmd+K

Attached Files:

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

jbg232

How do you view your list of to do's?

4. macrumors 6502

Steve Ballmer

It's in a sidebar now.

Attached Files:

5. macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Excellent! :D I too was worried they had removed it!

6. macrumors 6502

Steve Ballmer

It's still tied into Mail as well, so as soon as you make/edit/update/delete a to-do in iCal, it is instantly reflected in Mail. The inverse is true, as well.

7. macrumors 6502a

They need to add To Do's to iPhone as well. Whats the point of a to do if I can't edit it from anywhere!

8. macrumors newbie

Repeating to do items?

Does iCal support repeating to do items now?

9. macrumors 6502a

kdum8

This is a question that I seriously want to know the answer to. Repeating to do are probably the most important improvement for me that Apple could make to iCal...

10. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

I kind of gave up on Apple ever doing anything on their own with this. I had a damn Palm V is 1997 that came with a to do app!

What does work now though is Apple has moved the MobileMe iCal to the open standard CalDAV, so you iCal to dos can be accessed OTA with an iPhone to do app. I use BusyToDo and it works perfectly. You can add/edit/delete your tasks using BusyToDo on the iPhone and any changes go OTA to Apple's MobileMe iCal CalDAV server and are updated realtime to your desktop iCal app.

http://www.busymac.com/busytodo/index.html

11. macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

Will it actually work with Mail.app and MobileMe in Lion? Right now in Mail.app I have a to do for my username@me.com that = my iCal to do list. Then I have a "MobileMe" todo for my username@me.com email in Mail.app - Basically Apple replicated the to-do's twice and it double creates a Calendar in your iCal that won't sync.

Ugh!

12. macrumors newbie

The problem with BusyToDo is that, although it requires a MobileMe account work, BusyToDo repeating todos do not sync with MobileMe. What I mean is that when you mark a BusyToDo item complete and sync, this status change is not synchronized with MobileMe. BusyMac's website says that BusyToDo's repeating todo feature "Works best with BusyCal". I work in an office that doesn't allow cell phones on site. I depend on accessing my accurate MobileMe information. Needless to say, the site only provides access to Windows machines.

13. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

My completed todo's sync to MM just fine. Are you referring to repeating todo's don't sync completed status? I don't use any repeats, so not an issue for me.

I was just thrilled to have something to manage tasks on my phone that synced to iCal.

14. celticpride678

Just a little note...now referred to as "Reminders" as of the software update released earlier today.

15. macrumors 6502a

kdum8

What does this mean? Reminders are repeating to-dos?

16. macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

Are they different than to-dos are now. Or are they just getting a fancy new name? :D

17. macrumors 65816

Sorry to change the subject but a quick ?. How can I change back to the old style ical instead of the leather?

18. macrumors 6502a

Looks like ToDos and/or Reminders has been removed from DP3 in Mail. Reminder only appears in iCal. In Mail, I don't see it anywhere. It's not in preferences either. I can only see how to create Notes.