wait for 7470 g4 or g5

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by scem0, Jul 19, 2002.

?

7470 or g5?

1. g4 7470

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. g5

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I just started a thread about how my iMac just went kapoot. I now am seriosly thinking of spending my life savings :( on a new computer. I dont know if I should get a powermac 7470 g4 with DDR, or wait for the g5. What do y'all think?

2. iGav macrumors G3

Mate sorry to hear about your iMac......... :(

Personally I'd wait for the DDR G4 that should be out sometime next month....... you could end up with very long hair and a ZZ Top beard if you hold out for the G5..........

3. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

cool, ive always wanted to look like ZZ. jk :D. Well, my whole dilema might be solved if apple releases the 7470 as a g5 when it is actually in truth a generation 4 powermac. If it has both USB 2 and Firewire 2/gigawire then I will get the 7470, but if it doesnt I will wait for the g5. I dont know about a beard though. I probly wont get one of those...

Maybe I could just get some yogurt....

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

How much do you intend to spend??? I wouldn't wait any longer then early September. THAT way, you get 10.2 with the system. Hopefully the G4 will have DDR by then (PC2700 I hope). I would also suggest getting the new ATI video card inside of it. From what I have seen (via online reviews) it's the balls. It also has better spec's then what nVidia has to offer (even the gf4 ti top end card). :D

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm waiting, I don't really need a new machine *yet*, but if it doesn't come around by next MWNY, I might be changing my tune.

D

6. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

$2000 is the limit. So basically I cant get the top of the line or the middle powermac. Im stuck with the low end :(.

7. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

hmm wait n put the money in the bank, and let it collect some interest ;)