wait for low end G5 or getta dual 1.25 now for less?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by adamfilip, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. adamfilip macrumors 6502a

    adamfilip

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2003
    Location:
    burlington, Ontario canada
    #1
    I love the new g5.. its awesome but is it too much ? for me

    i can get a dual 1.25 g4 for like 400 bucks less then the 1.6 single g5

    and im sure it will be fast enough for me. and i could get it today!

    im a student , i do freelance work on the side

    whadya think?
     
  2. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

    pseudobrit

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2002
    Location:
    Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
    #2
    Do you absolutely need a new computer now? In six months, the prices will drop on the G5s and the specs will be accelerated.
     
  3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

    Sun Baked

    Joined:
    May 19, 2002
    #3
    Remember the current PowerMac G4 being sold at the Apple Store is the Revision A PowerMac -- No Airport Extreme, FW800, new USB controller, etc.

    The was the machine replaced in January, though it is funny it lingers on and the Revision B PowerMac was EOLd.

    But it should boot into OS 9...

    * - If I got the machine specs right. :rolleyes:
     
  4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

    Abstract

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2002
    Location:
    Location Location Location
    #4
    I would either wait, or get the low end G5. The dual 1.25 may be faster now, but I wouldn't want to buy a new 32-bit Mac now. They introduced their future, and it's 64-bit. I wouldn't want to be left out of that if I were an Apple user buying a NEW machine. If you buy a used or refurbished dual proc G4, then it's a different story.

    But I'd wait for a price drop if you truly can't afford the 1.6GHz G5 (which may be faster than the dual proc G4....who know), or save my money and buy what I want when I see it. I can't blame you for not wanting to shell out 2G's for a low end G5 machine.
     

Share This Page