Wait on intel for Adobe CS3?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by plunar, Aug 11, 2006.

  1. plunar macrumors 6502


    Sep 7, 2003
    I've been putting off upgrading to intel because of the merom situ, but now i'm considering i may just scratch it for the rest of the year. i mean, first run machines, regardless of rev B,C or D, are never the best of the lot anyway.

    I need a new computer for aperture and adobe, and so far i'll only get aperture with an upgrade. that and leopard (another $150 upgrade otherwise) ought to ship with a new machine next spring.

    it just seems as badly as i WANT a new machine now, i just can't really justify given that so much of what i need a new machine for just isn't where it should be for the best investment at this point.

    right now i have 1ghz 768 pb g4. iphoto is painfully slow and woefully inadequate for dealing with raw. this is what's been pushing me for a new mac.
  2. rafifreak00 macrumors regular


    Aug 7, 2006
    Kansas. No, not on a farm.
    I'm in the same situation as you my friend.

    I don't know if I should purchase the iMac soon or wait for the release of the the newer models.

    I have an iBook G4 12" 1.33GHz which will do fine for now until the newer models come out.

    Plus- I don't think Adobe CS3 is going to come out anytime soon. They would have been word about a beta or something, (at least I think so)

Share This Page