Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
I would wait 2 more weeks to be safe. The 12" PBs are great little machines. If they don't get updated between that time, just buy buy buy! :D

drake

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2005
KittenKrusher said:
Saying that you will be able to put OS X on a ThinkPad is no different than saying thew PowerBooks will be here on Tuesday.

People are already doing just that. But it doesn't work that well and very completed to install. I suspect this situation will improve faster than Apple producing an equivalent Powerbook.

Nereus

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
lilstewart92 said:
I would wait 2 more weeks to be safe. The 12" PBs are great little machines. If they don't get updated between that time, just buy buy buy! :D

I agree. I said that I would wait just 2 more weeks 5 weeks ago ;). But I will wait until the end of October just to be on the safe side. If no PB update by then, then I buy. Everything would be much easier if Apple just told us that there would be no updates until January or stated that yes an update is imminent, but we can't tell you the details.

themacman

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2004
kc
i think its like 50 bucks or so. You should just wait two more tuesdaya and thats it. there will be new powerbooks within the next two weeks.

broncoball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
KC
themacman said:
i think its like 50 bucks or so. You should just wait two more tuesdaya and thats it. there will be new powerbooks within the next two weeks.

thanks for ur advice charlie or should i say shlomis

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
broncoball said:
im getting so tired of waiting does anyone think there'll be an update tomarrow
I think it's very possible. Now, let's stay positive and keep our fingers crossed!

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
lilstewart92 said:
I think it's very possible. Now, let's stay positive and keep our fingers crossed!

I would love to be proven wrong, but I do not see it happening at all, for another 2 or 3 weeks. The fact that the majority of Powerbooks are still on 24 hours, for stock models doesn't point towards an update being likely this week.

However, if Apple changes their ways and releases one, I'd be happy. I don't expect it at all though.

broncoball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
KC
well now the 15 and 17 inch powerbooks are at 3-5 days shipping but the 12 is still at 24 hours. i knew i shouldnt have waited.

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
Definitely wait for the Invitation Only Special Event in NYC on October 19. It will most likely be some update either the Power Mac or Powerbook, or even better both.

broncoball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
KC
Could the reason that there is 24 hours on the 12 be because of a 13.3 widescreen in the making? :)

GeorgeTheMonkey

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2004
Sell 17" PB in Anticipation of Update?

Hi all,

I'm currently the owner of the latest 17" Powerbook, 1.67 Mhz. I use it constantly and love it, but I'm tempted greatly by these rumors of a new High Definition/higher density screen, as well as DDR2 RAM.

I'm an educator, so I qualify for educational pricing, but would probably be able to sell my old PB at the regular price for used PBs. Highest I've seen is about $2200; a new 17" PB at edu pricing is $2399.

My question is: should I sell my current 17" PB to buy a (rumored) new 17" PB? I'm completely open to input; I haven't made up my mind yet at all. My next question would be, should I sell (likely on eBay) before or after the event next Wednesday then, if I did indeed decide to?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.