Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
as is always the issue with Apple, I dont know whether to wait to buy an ipod or to just buy it now. I havea mini but I need more room so the 30GB one sounded great but it has been 3 months since the updated and Apple has a bad habit of updating right when i buy things....

zim

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2002
wait... you should always wait, never buy :confused: stop playing mind games and just buy it! it will make you happy :D

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Actually, it was only 2 months ago. The last update before that was the iPod slash Photo merger back in June, but I don't think it was a actual update. Before that is was Feburary when the Photo came out. Now IS the time to get an iPod.

bepster

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2005
yeah yeah, buy it, buy it, everybody says "buy it"...

...but what if apple comes with a new 300 gb iPod with cellphone-, hologram-feature and "pizzaservice tracking device" just shortly after x-mas???

sikkinixx is going to kill us! :D

chopsuey158

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2004
USA
I'd wait also. You have a mini which can pull you through and there will probably be at least battery updates soon. Sure, the 5g is awesome, but the battery life ain't great, at least not on video playback... Hold back for a couple more months and you will have an even better piece of technology. If you didn't have the mini though, I'd say grab the 5g right now.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
bepster said:
yeah yeah, buy it, buy it, everybody says "buy it"...

...but what if apple comes with a new 300 gb iPod with cellphone-, hologram-feature and "pizzaservice tracking device" just shortly after x-mas???

sikkinixx is going to kill us! :D
Y'know, I'd take a 2gb with Cellphone right now :) Not like that Rokr p.o.s.. Much rather have me a click wheel :)

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
I'm in exactly the same quandary--ipod mini owner who wants the video model. Frankly, I can/will wait, just to be sure. I say wait until after the January updates because my hunch is that there will be some improvements of the rev. a release. (esp. battery life) I sure like my mini though... I suppose I'll keep it for running etc.:rolleyes:

shanebarber

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2006
Do you know where I can purchase an iPod in Daegu? So far, the only iPods I've seen in Korea are Minis. I have been to like 8 cities, still haven't seen the new ones for sale...

I'd kill for one! I am living in hotels, so I don't want to order one online.

BTW, MacBook Pro unveiled today.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I would avoid these MacBooks like the plague until people have had them for a few months...nobody knows how they'll hold up, and if you get one now you might as well be asking to have to have send it back in two months for something or other. Wait and see what happens, then buy.

KSource

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2004
Anyone know what the next update will even be?

I've been wanting to get one for over a year and decided to get one recently, but if the next wave is a minor improvement I doubt I'll wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.