Wait till June to buy your Mac.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by speedemonV12, Apr 10, 2006.

1. speedemonV12 macrumors 6502

2. Pluckie macrumors member

I think buying a MacBook when they come out will be safe. I can't imagine that Apple would release them late April/early May and then drop the price a month later...

If anything, Apple will just release the computers late April/Early May at the lower price according to the price drop May.

3. hhlee macrumors 6502

apple doesn't seem to ever reduce their prices (unless you count the refurb site). when new hardware comes out, apple just upgrades and sells at the same price.

so basically what the OP is saying means that you will probably get a better processor once the prices are slashed and new chips come out.

at least... that's what i'm hoping...:rolleyes:

4. verbel macrumors member

Are they not already out? or is the Macbook somthing different then the Macbook pro?

Anyway as for waiting if I tell myself I need to wait for the next deal I'll never get one cause there will always be something else down the road. I'm just gonna buy and be happy with what I get.

5. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

The MacBook is the iBook replacement, the MackBook Pro is the PowerBook replacement. The MacBook has not been released yet.

6. verbel macrumors member

aah That has been confusing me for a while thanks very much for clearing it up for me.

7. xJus10x macrumors regular

Hopefully prices will go down, but I doubt it

8. sjshaw macrumors regular

I don't know... all the problems with the 1st gen MBPs have made me realize why I'm not a first adopter. Especially if they change the form factor, with the resultant manufacturing changes.

9. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

The Inquirer, isn't that the online version of the supermarket tabloid that runs stories about two-headed bay-bee's and aliens in the Whitehouse?

10. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

The online version of the Enquirer? No. No it isn't. :cool:

11. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

This is not going to help prices. This will help Apple make a little bit more money now than they were making in January. Good for Apple.