Wait...was than an ad?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by inspirations365, Jun 13, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Dec 28, 2008
    Does iTunes Match have to be turned on for iTunes Radio to not play ads?
  2. macrumors 603

Sep 4, 2011
    If you're an iTunes Match subscriber, you won't have ads but there seems to be a bug where you still get ads even if you're a subscriber.
  3. macrumors member

Jul 8, 2008
    I would like to know this as well. I am a subscriber to iTunes Match, but have it disabled on my phone. Heard an ad just a minute ago when listening to iTunes Radio.
  4. thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 28, 2008
    Oh ok thanks. Hoping it's a bug. No problem then, I'm sure they'll fix it, just wanted to make sure it was something I was doing incorrectly.
  5. macrumors regular

Mar 14, 2011
    I subscribe to iTunes Match, it's turned on, and I got my first ad today. So yeah, looks like there's a bug.

Although frankly, it wasn't bad, just promoting an artist and allowing you to buy their music on iTunes. Even if I wasn't an iTunes Match subscriber, I think I could live with those.
  6. macrumors 6502

Oct 22, 2011
    Did the ad interrupt the actual audio or was it just a screen image with a link to purchase? Was the artist being promoted the same as the one you were listening to at the time?
  7. macrumors 68040

Dec 16, 2011
    Ads happen in-between songs. Unlike other apps, there are no pop-up ads.
  8. macrumors regular

Mar 14, 2011
    It did interrupt the song that was playing, but I think that was a glitch. I've occasionally had songs skip to the next song on their own, likely due to a networking issue. (I also get the occasional stutter.) After the ad, a new song played. It was a different artist than was being played. Might have been the same genre, though, I honestly can't remember. The way the ad comes in, it looks like like another song playing, complete with album art, but it's a 30 second ad.