Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
This comes from a day out with a friend. All total, we probably snapped over 200 photos, but this one really stood out to me. Any comments, etc, are highly appreciated

Last edited:

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
wow, that's a great photo. i still can't decide what her facial expression is...the one thing i might change in photoshop is to somehow make the yellow bench pop out more. it seems to offset the rest of the image in a nice way.

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Wow! That's cool, like the "Notebook" posted days ago, nice expression and says a lot!! Nice shot!

Edit: Sorry, I couldn't resist!! :p

Attachments

• real.jpg
    real.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 191

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
A very nice picture, 5 of 5. Interesting that the park benches are different, one looks new and the other is weather worn.

A very nice looking young lady, your significant other?

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Nice photograph, FrankieTDouglas. It's a very intriguing image. I could almost see this as an ad for a billboard or something.

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
Since the background wasn't that interesting, a shalower depth of field would work better.

Attachments

• waiting2.jpg
    waiting2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 207

Sirus The Virus

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2005
Texas
Mac_Freak said:
Since the background wasn't that interesting, a shalower depth of field would work better.

Personally I liked it better without the Photoshop blur. It just looks way to unnatural to me. Almost distracting.

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
mcarnes said:
That blur is way too contrived.

I just did it to show general idea of blurred background with sharp foreground. With little more time on my hands the blur would look much better. For example, you can see this halo effect around sharp objects after masking. Also the foreground could have been sharpened.

This was just a quick rendering of depth of field affects an image.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
I think it's a really interesting picture.

Hey people, stop spoiling it with powerbooks and blurring! I'd love to be able to take good photos and know how to photoshop them....

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Great pic...
Hmmmmmmm, waiting for what? That is the question, and with so many answers. Great effect.

And the expression is perfect. Anxious? Bored? Dreading? Tired of waiting? Been waiting long?

I love it...

She is lovely too BTW

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.