Waiting, after three years two days to go

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rastalin94, Apr 5, 2004.

1. rastalin94 macrumors member

Well my new iBook should be showing up in two days, it has been a long hard wait. I am very curious to see how well this computer lives up to my hopes. I have quite a few projects lined up already, stop motion animation, music stuff, web page design, and of course getting rid of my PC at work.

This is the first laptop I have every purchased, and it is a LOT of money to me. So if this baby does not live up to my dreams it is going on eBay and I think I will have lost all my faith in technology and it will be a dark, dark, day for me.

Now you see this is all stuff I tried doing on a PC several years ago and just got frustrated. For almost three years now I have been looking at Macs thinking they are the solution to my problem, Mr. Jobs gets it. I have been working with PCs professionally for over five years, so I know my stuff. I could get the PC to do what I wanted, but the word “fun” was not one I would use to describe my experience. I guess that is what I am looking forward to. I want to feel that excitement I felt when my Dad brought home our Atari 800 back in early 80’s. I want something to believe in again. I want computers to be fun again, not frustrating.

2. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

3. Sir Donut macrumors newbie

I hope you realize that the ibook has no audio input... :(

4. Freakk123 macrumors regular

congratulations! Welcome to the mac world! iBooks are great computers. You won't regret the switch or the purchase at all.

5. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

i just bought an iBook (see sig for specs). it's great, also my first laptop. I love it. feel free to ask questions