Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
i was both lucky and unlucky with my pb. unlucky that i had to wait 2 weeks for it, but lucky that when it came it did so in the morning, so i woke up to a very pleasent knock on the door. "sign here sir", "i sure will"

skippy64

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2006
North West England
TBi said:
My Macbook Pro is in Nuneaton england after being mis-directed by UPS. I'm pretty sure it came from Apple Cork, which is only about 6 miles from my house. It was supposed to come today but now i probably won't see it until friday :(
Just out of curiosity is it a 15" or 17" MacBook Pro ? :confused:

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
TBi said:
My Macbook Pro is in Nuneaton england after being mis-directed by UPS. I'm pretty sure it came from Apple Cork, which is only about 6 miles from my house. It was supposed to come today but now i probably won't see it until friday :(
Ohhh mannn! That really sucks... how do you track through UPS? which tracking number do you use? which site?

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
skippy64 said:
Just out of curiosity is it a 15" or 17" MacBook Pro ? :confused:

At least now it's on a flight back. So hopefully it should be delivered tomorrow. It said on or before May 3rd and if they hadn't made a boo-boo then it would have been here today.

15" MBP. I wanted a 12 or 13.3" but i'm sick of waiting. Was going to get an iMac and Macbook (iBook intel) but i can use the MBP in place of both. As desktop and portable.

I went to the apple site, checked my order status and it said it was being delivered by UPS and had the tracking number on the status page

Apple Status Page said:
Carrier Tracking Number
1ZW7VXX23XX234XX12
(i modified the number...)

so i went to UPS.com, clicked for the ireland site and got this

My UPS delivery said:
NUNEATON, GB 02/05/2006 16:08 EXPORT SCAN
02/05/2006 16:07 ORIGIN SCAN
02/05/2006 6:38 AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY;THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE
02/05/2006 6:17 AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY;DELIVERY RESCHEDULED
02/05/2006 3:08 EXPORT SCAN
02/05/2006 3:07 ORIGIN SCAN

And i thought TNT were bad :D

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
I get the feeling if I asked many delivery guys round here in the west midlands to shake my hand and/or pose for a photo they'd probably punch me in the face :p

So it turns out the estimate was a little off, Kuhne + Nahel (sp?) have handed off to UPS, I now have a tracking number that works. Although, last time I checked it seemed to be at Apple, Cork (which I assumed was ireland) - now it seems to be in the Netherlands!! Hopefully not a cock-up, but it'll be here thursday *sigh*

the long wait begins - but at least it's nicer that today when I didn't have a clue if it would show or not!

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
Watching the trackers can make you nuts too.

In my case, one of my orders went from Nashville waaaay up north to New Jersey making me wonder if they tagged it wrong for Vermont (VT) rather than Virginia (VA).

I was yelling "Why are you taking it to New Jersey? I'm down here!"

It was just the way they routed my shipment for some reason, but it still made it here on time.

The worse part is when you see "loaded on truck for delivery" the next day
and you're only 45 minutes away by car.

That's when you call to intercept the package.

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
It's still sitting in the Netherlands... boohoo - how on earth can it get from there to here by tomorrow?

The UPS driver drove past again. He seems to be daily - I just never noticed before (I wasn't watching this time, I happened to be walking home!)

He looks like a friendly guy. I'll have my camera at the ready ;)

joe8232

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2005
hob said:
It's still sitting in the Netherlands... boohoo - how on earth can it get from there to here by tomorrow?

The UPS driver drove past again. He seems to be daily - I just never noticed before (I wasn't watching this time, I happened to be walking home!)

I ordered an imac on sunday and it said it would ship by May 5th. It shipped today with TNT and is now sitting in Cork. I wonder what decides who courriers it as we both live in the UK (I live in Wales)?

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
now it's sent to north america...

hob said:

so i'm sitting here this afternoon (nightime in the UK) and a UPS truck pulls up. out comes this big box and it turns out, a delivery from Apple. I notice it's addressed incorrectly though...something about a "Hob" from England. Of course, I don't say anything, sign the data reader and smile.

I come in and open it up...brand new imac! Sweeeeet!
I come dstairs, check macrumors and ironically find a running commentary play by play of some 'hob' looking for his imac to be delivered.

i open my imac up and notice the power connections are different, but i have a universal adapater so i'm good to go.

i wonder about this hob and if he'll ever get his imac :)

:) totally kidding hob. i know what it's like to wait for something, but it decided to pull your leg a bit :)

Keebler,
Canada

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
hob said:
Mannn, you're telling me.

In the last 45 minutes, trucks from TNT, City Express and UPS have driven past. I keep hoping they're lost and will return, but alas :(

I don't know what carrier it's coming on, but I'm not sure how many are left now!!

Yeah that sucks. When we ordered the PowerBook, it came via TNT and i was able to track it from Holland with the code they sent me. It went to Southampton, then to Nottingham before it got to here. When did you place your order? 10th May is quite far off for an order placed in the last week.

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
joe8232 said:
I ordered an imac on sunday and it said it would ship by May 5th. It shipped today with TNT and is now sitting in Cork. I wonder what decides who courriers it as we both live in the UK (I live in Wales)?
Well, mine said it was in cork. Then nothing over the long weekend, then the store page had a different tracking number, and said UPS - so I could see it was in the Netherlands...

Ladies and Gentlemen,
this afternoon at 15.23, my iMac officially arrived in BRITAIN!

fingers crossed for tomorrow....

oh, and thanks Keebler for making me spit out my noodles!!! :D

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
Unfortunately for me that detour took longer than i thought it would and instead of having the laptop a day early i'm going to have it a day late. It's out for delivery today but as you know, if they mislaid it once today i won't be surprised if it goes missing again. :(

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
TBi said:
Unfortunately for me that detour took longer than i thought it would and instead of having the laptop a day early i'm going to have it a day late. It's out for delivery today but as you know, if they mislaid it once today i won't be surprised if it goes missing again. :(
Mine says "out for delivery" too - I think it won't be long! :) good luck mate.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Did you spot the article on Brits wasting 3 days a year waiting for repair and delivery men to show up? It's a Which release which has been picked up in a lot of places. Here's the Beeb's take.

Apparently computers are worst - with people waiting in for 6 hours for them to arrive on average. The company they used to measure was Dell ;)

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
Applespider said:
Apparently computers are worst - with people waiting in for 6 hours for them to arrive on average. The company they used to measure was Dell ;)
Indeed!!

Well... umm... it's here!! = D

My housemate bought it in, cos I was still snoozin away, but as soon as I heard that door shut, I was downstairs like a flash!

Ohhhh I love it! Such a lovely system. My first iMac!

Just gutted I didn't get to shake the delivery mans hand for photo-taking purposes :(

Cheers for keeping me sane guys :)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Awesome - glad to hear it arrived with no other big delays. Now you get to enjoy it!

Pilgrims Pro

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2003
hob said:
Just gutted I didn't get to shake the delivery mans hand for photo-taking purposes :(

Thats ashame, cause I really wanted to hear the drivers reaction to your request. :D

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I'm pretty lucky - both UPS and FedEx are now always between 12 and 3 unless there is a sub driver, when it can come as late as 7. :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for a B and H Photo order today, we'll see how late the guy is. :rolleyes:

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
Wuhoo got mine too. Transferring over the data now. Not sure if i have the processor whine but it is warm enough. Time will tell.

hob said:
ARGH! I'm sitting here on my bed, which is next to my bedroom window.

I am eyeing up every car that drives past. Hoping it might be a UPS truck or something similar.

When I hear a big engine, my heart skips a beat - then I realise it's just a 4x4 or something...

The reason for my anxiousness? My iMac is meant to be arriving today. Although one estimate has placed it at the 9th may, two others say it should be today! (2nd).

Does anyone else get this anxious, or is it just me?

Edit: just as I posted this a HUGE lorry pulled up... it didn't stay though :( :( :(

Hell, I get that excited just waiting for my netflix movies if I'm home!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.