Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

akkotaire

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2015
The time has finally come! i have been waiting patiently for the last year and a half! I am still running a Late 2008 MBP with a blazing fast 2.53GHZ Core 2 Duo! It has trouble playing 1080p videos on Netflix and Youtube.

The best feature of my laptop is that the screen is broken and it is being held together by a vice grip. The battery dies at 94%, so i need to be tethered. Come thursday, i will be free from the shackles of this laptop. I cannot wait until thursday! I dont think ive ever been this excited for an Apple event

Here are some pictures of what im working with

TFWNXya.jpg

Sj43vhR.jpg

What laptop is everyone else upgrading from. I feel like i have the oldest machine here!
You think yours is hardcore ? the logic board of mine is bent ! Its been running like this for 10 months and has gone through more then 6 trips to the oven
q748v63.jpg

fGwLVmZ.jpg

Last edited:

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
If I call 15 minutes before they go on sale (I need to order over the phone, finance) and they pick up before the pre-order time, will they just wait there with me until it's pre-order time? Lol. I don't want to make the mistake I made with the Apple Watch and call at pre-order time, then get through 25 minutes later.

Reactions: volcomvenom

powertoold

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2014
If I call 15 minutes before they go on sale (I need to order over the phone, finance) and they pick up before the pre-order time, will they just wait there with me until it's pre-order time? Lol. I don't want to make the mistake I made with the Apple Watch and call at pre-order time, then get through 25 minutes later.

I wonder what's the best / fastest way to order? Through Apple.com or the Apple Store app or calling?

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
I wonder what's the best / fastest way to order? Through Apple.com or the Apple Store app or calling?

In the past I've found the app to be most useful. When the website is down and the phone lines are jammed, the app is usually pretty smooth sailing.

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014

Pre order meta, love it! you can't risk calling and get the slowest CSR on the planet "Phyllis" or something, the Apple Store app or online is your best bet, make sure your profile is correct and set up Apple Pay, you'll be sittin pretty.

In my case I'm using corporate discount discount so I have to go thru the web portal, but I will have two stores up at the same time. iPhone preorder formation bravo.

Reactions: volcomvenom

Tayljones6

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2016
Those are hard use laptops

2008 15" MacBook Pro with 2.8ghz BTO 8gb ram

1st battery Swollen and replace in 2012
Current battery is now swollen
And wifi doesn't always activate when turned on.

Upgrade the HD a few time and currently have a 2tb in her.

Reactions: ceedge

RohirrimV

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2016
Purgatory
You think yours is hardcore ? the logic board of mine is bent ! Its been running like this for 10 months and has gone through more then 6 trips to the oven
q748v63.jpg

fGwLVmZ.jpg
I'm sorry, but that's not a Mac. That's not even a computer. That is a collection of parts ingloriously held together with electrical tape and pity. Your keyboard still has the :apple: on the command key. That mouse reminds me one we used to keep in a box of obsolete technology then I was a child. I'm pretty sure the 'chassis' (and I use that term generously) is a box out of which you cut some holes. Your logic board.....is bent.

Can we get you on Oprah? I'm not sure if they'd spin your case as 'inspirational' for your dedication to your device or just pitiful. Little of both, I imagine.

Seeing this just tugs at my heartstrings, both for you and your poor, abused........whatever that is.

volcomvenom

Suspended
Jun 8, 2013
Where game of thrones is based off of.
I'm sorry, but that's not a Mac. That's not even a computer. That is a collection of parts ingloriously held together with electrical tape and pity. Your keyboard still has the :apple: on the command key. That mouse reminds me one we used to keep in a box of obsolete technology then I was a child. I'm pretty sure the 'chassis' (and I use that term generously) is a box out of which you cut some holes. Your logic board.....is bent.

Can we get you on Oprah? I'm not sure if they'd spin your case as 'inspirational' for your dedication to your device or just pitiful. Little of both, I imagine.

Seeing this just tugs at my heartstrings, both for you and your poor, abused........whatever that is.
Or get him on the Dr. Phil Show, Dr. Phil would love your story.

appleye

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2014
q748v63.jpg

fGwLVmZ.jpg

It’s ALIVE, It’s ALIVE !!! You must have had a long talk with Jesus on how to resurrect that dead pile of crap!!

eroslws

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
Does that happen with Mac releases? I thought it only happened with iPhone preorders.

Unfortunately, it seems the app doesn't support the Edu store...
Macs are a fraction of iPhone orders. It won't make a dent on the online store.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
The time has finally come! i have been waiting patiently for the last year and a half! I am still running a Late 2008 MBP with a blazing fast 2.53GHZ Core 2 Duo! It has trouble playing 1080p videos on Netflix and Youtube.

The best feature of my laptop is that the screen is broken and it is being held together by a vice grip. The battery dies at 94%, so i need to be tethered. Come thursday, i will be free from the shackles of this laptop. I cannot wait until thursday! I dont think ive ever been this excited for an Apple event

Here are some pictures of what im working with

TFWNXya.jpg

Sj43vhR.jpg

What laptop is everyone else upgrading from. I feel like i have the oldest machine here!

This is absolutely the best post I've seen in months! Man, I am so stoked for you. You're going to LOVE the next-gen MBP!
[doublepost=1477284108][/doublepost]
q748v63.jpg

fGwLVmZ.jpg

Oh wow! Maybe this is the best post I've seen! Incredible!

Reactions: brammahh
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.