Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
OMG ****
Kaby Lake is not almost ready, and Apple is not late to the SkyLake party, the SkyLakes was shipping two-three months ago, and they are yet just some of them out in the wild.
I get so ****ing tired from reading this everyday from ppl who thinks there are one processor named SkyLake, just ****

All laptops are moving to USB C...

kanyehameha

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2016
king's landing
Remember when Apple used to take pride in their Mac sales?
Even Pepperidge Farm doesn't remember :(

image.png
image.png

heeloliver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2014
If they don't release the new MBP with the launch of Sierra, we will be in for a long fall and winter.
I'm 99% sure they will. It's just a long wait till then. And the question of if it'll come before the iPhone 7 and new Watch.

idark77

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2014
So true I wasn't really bagging on you, just the next jump shipper comment, sometimes these little outbursts from the old window vs mac days come out, I try and hold them in for years now, knowing how over this stuff is, but it's just like ARRG and I drop one!! HEHE I hope no harm...

It's ok, no harm...

viper4011

macrumors member
May 13, 2016
Thessaloniki, Greece
My predictions for the September event with probabilities:
- iPhone 7/6SE : 100%
- MacBook Pros : 90% (too burned to say 100, but they have to. Right? Right?!)
- Mac Pro + 5k display : 60%
- Mac Mini : 60%
- Watch2 : 30% (not enough credible rumors + watchOS3 is good enough for now)
- iPads : 10% (I expect these in March)

Reactions: heeloliver

archi_130w1

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2016
This anger i used to get at the absence of MBP rumours was the reason i pulled the trigger on a 2015 MBP. Life's too short guys

Use your anger, embrace the dark side
I too must make a confession to the congregation of skylake... I have been tempted to try the 2016 MBr and see how it fits my needs..... out of desperation for something new ;)

vatter69

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
Frankly im tired of iPads. Sure, i own the big iPad Pro with 4 gig Ram and a CPU that is faster than anything you could throw at it. But seriously, focus on MACs please Apple - iPads are fast enough and available in so many different flavors.

Macs - they have been neglected long enough. And not only the Macbook Pros - compared to Mini and Pro they are rather up-to-date which at this point - is saying a lot.

And the new IPad Pro 12". And new MacPro and Mac Mini (maybe).

heeloliver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2014
I want this to be true.

Reactions: Arthur75

frankgrimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2016
Yeah, I'm still not buying that there will be a Pro alongside an Air. The Pro and Air will most likely be consolidated into one ultra-thin "Pro" laptop (or maybe they'll call it Air Pro? I wouldn't put it past them...)

Please no. I get it trust me some people want ultra thin and are willing to accept 1 slot USB typ C, less power aso but I'm not one of them. I want a Laptop that will last me at least 4 years and be powerful enough to fly through everything I'm going to throw at it (I don't game on Laptops nor do I do 4k editing).

Reactions: Janichsan and WRONG

tofagerl

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Macbook is the new Air. The only reason the original Air wasn't called Macbook was that it couldn't replace the Macbook since it was too expensive. Now they're doing the exact same thing and getting the name back at the same time!

Reactions: justywusty

AgentMcGeek

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2016
London, UK

No planned refresh for the iPhone (5)SE ?
Maybe not until March so they can release new products all-year round (not Macs though, obviously /s)

Suspended
Apr 4, 2016
meanwhile: a new rumor about a future Macbook(---) with Usb-C port.
this should keep you fed for some other 100 pages.
*flies away*

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
Dallas, TX

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
Macbook is the new Air. The only reason the original Air wasn't called Macbook was that it couldn't replace the Macbook since it was too expensive. Now they're doing the exact same thing and getting the name back at the same time!
I don't believe that. To me, there's clearly a market for a regular MB, Air and Pro line.

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
My prediction is that there are going to be just 2 computer lines, the MacBook and the MacBook Pro. They will come in the following sizes:

MacBook 12"
MacBook 14"

MacBook Pro 13"
MacBook Pro 15"

The MacBook will be for users who don't need much power and generally use their machines to write emails / papers, go on Facebook and browse the internet, watch videos, etc. Appropriate for the vast majority of computer users out there who can't yet use an iPad as their main machine, but don't need the power of the Pro. Sure this machine is expensive now, but so was the Air when it was first released. The MacBook is positioned to be the main computer for the average PC user.

Meanwhile, the Pro will be larger and more powerful to serve professionals who need to get more CPU-demanding work done on their machines - software engineers, web developers, graphic artists, video editors, etc. I believe the leaks we're seeing today about the "new Air" are indeed for the new MacBook Pro.

This lineup is clean, simple, and has a device suitable for everyone in the market for new portable Mac.

Reactions: Nightrixon

The Reasonable One

macrumors regular
May 31, 2016
Secret Bunker Testing 2018 17" MBP
This is kind of weird. On 9to5Mac they have an image with an odd looking MacBook Pro. Look closely at the left and right side of the hinge. And the cutout that allows for you to open the computer is much wider. And look at the top of the lid/screen. It has a power button and volume control. AND it is thinner like was forecasted. Could this be what we had been waiting for? Or am I just delusional. It seems to be running macOS! I swear no photoshopping. You can go there yourself and see. http://9to5mac.com/2016/07/27/upthere-cloud-service-pricing-storage-details/
[doublepost=1469652898][/doublepost]I'm thinking tablet computer hybrid  style

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 10.40.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 10.40.31 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 204

Rob_2811

Suspended
Mar 18, 2016
United Kingdom
This is kind of weird. On 9to5Mac they have an image with an odd looking MacBook Pro. Look closely at the left and right side of the hinge. And the cutout that allows for you to open the computer is much wider. And look at the top of the lid/screen. It has a power button and volume control. AND it is thinner like was forecasted. Could this be what we had been waiting for? Or am I just delusional. It seems to be running macOS! I swear no photoshopping. You can go there yourself and see. http://9to5mac.com/2016/07/27/upthere-cloud-service-pricing-storage-details/
[doublepost=1469652898][/doublepost]I'm thinking tablet computer hybrid  style

You are delusional. HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.