Waiting for Snow Leopard?? or Buy Now??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Winter Charm, Oct 14, 2008.

  1. macrumors 6502a

    Winter Charm

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2008
    #1
    I really like the new macbooks, but i'm not pressured to buy one right now...

    so i would like your opinion on whether i should buy one now... or wait until snow leopard comes out...

    while the new macbooks have Nvidia GPU's... i would love to have SL to take advantage of the extra power.

    SL is estimated to come out summer 2009... so i'm thinking about getting it then. (maybe with a "back to school deal" and the new nehalem chipsets). :)

    Also, i want to know if anyone has any questions about if the new macbooks now support 64 Bit vista... (macbook pros do from Jan 08).

    Support basically means that they provide 64 bit drivers on the leopard cd...
    so thanks mac forums... look forward to getting a few answers to all this stuffs. :p spelling mistake lol...
     
  2. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2007
    #2
    Prepare to be eaten alive
     
  3. macrumors 6502a

    MatLane

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2008
    Location:
    England, United Kingdom
    #3
    erm.



    Hard to answer.


    if you can wait up to you

    But if you need it now and want one i would not lay off it



    Personally i may grab an older model soon, dont think i have much love for the new ones. Apple must think we are all rich.
     
  4. macrumors 603

    mobilehaathi

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2008
    Location:
    The Anthropocene
    #4
    Then wait!:)
     
  5. macrumors 6502

    Petoz

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2008
    Location:
    UK
    #5
    Brand new notebooks have just been released, and already we are looking to wait for something else. Next summer is a long time away. And that is presuming there are no delays. And presuming that the extras that are also released next summer will be added to the notebooks. If you need one now, but one now. If you don't, don't.
     
  6. macrumors regular

    Phillyzero

    Joined:
    May 1, 2008
    #6
    If you REALLY need it now, buy it. However, most people in school have already bought with the old student deal so most of them won't buy for about 2 years or so. Secondly, by the time Snow Leopard is out I assume Nehalem will be too (which 'should' be an actual upgrade unlike Montevina and the predecessors). Also, by then it will be in revolution/revision #2, which is almost ALWAYS better compared to the often buggy first release.
     

Share This Page