Waiting for what

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by goduke06, Mar 5, 2006.

  1. goduke06 macrumors newbie

    Feb 22, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Everywere you go people say wait wait wait to buy a new apple notebook, but what else are they going to give me? I dont want a tablet they suck, i dont want an ultraportable because i cant stand macs on small screens, and 17 inch notebooks always seem to big to me and not very portable (tho apples is the most portable by far) so what am i waiting for?
  2. ipacmm macrumors 65816


    Jun 17, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    I don't know. I would just go out and buy the MBP.
  3. Deepdale macrumors 68000


    May 4, 2005
    New York
    Having waited this long, you might as well take a look at the new iBooks (supposedly in April) and then take the plunge. Perfection is very elusive.
  4. zapp macrumors regular


    Aug 23, 2003
    Seems like you made up your mind already, buy the macbook pro 15". Looking at what they might release soon, a iBook (aka macbook) looks like it will have specs similiar to the mac mini, including integrated graphics, built around a 13"screen. The tablet is a rumor that has been around forever, but like you don't see a use for it. I don't think they will release a replacement to the 15" macbook pro in the near future, I think WWDC will reveal an intel powermac maybe, if the right chips are ready. But near term I decided that the Macbook Pro is what I want.
  5. rimrocka07011 macrumors member

    Jan 31, 2006
    Cleveland, OH
    Go out and get the MacBook Pro! Unless you're going to be a freshman in college in the Fall of 2006 and can wait until Apple Expo Paris to possibly
    see a speed bump and minor revisions for the MBP (Along with the Student Union iPod promotion), now is a great time to get your powerhouse notebook.
  6. generik macrumors 601


    Aug 5, 2005
    All I can say is that with each day you don't see the 12" and 17" MBP released, there is a greater chance that one fine day you will suddenly look like a dork carrying a "oh so yesterday Powerbook" in your college.... :D
  7. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603


    Apr 29, 2005
    San Francisco
    I am not really sure what your question is in the first place...

    But I'll give you my opinion which is worth a pretty penny, just go get a Powerbook 17" (big screen), or a MacBook Pro (modern and fast).

    Did you really need me (or anyone else) to advise you on that? I doubt it.
  8. plinkoman macrumors 65816


    Jul 2, 2003
    New York
    exactly, what are you waiting for? unless you want a 17", or a 12/13", which you seem to not, there's no reason not to buy now. as far as upgrades go, by the looks of it, merom(64-bit yonah replacement) wont be out until the end of the year at the earliest, which is a long time from now, and if you are willing to wait that long, you might as well get comfy :)

    until then, expect nothing other then the obligatory minor speed bump, and i think i heard that someone is working on an 8X dvdrw that will fit in the mbp.

    so for real, stop waiting and buy it already :p
  9. zoziw macrumors member


    Feb 19, 2006
    With respect to the MBP, some people feel it is best to wait until at least the revision "b" model in case there are any hardware issue with the first version.

    I've never waited, I just buy when I need a new Mac, but some people do.

    Regarding an iBook, they appear to be next on the schedule to switch to Intel, so if you want an intel chip you might want to wait until...I'm guessing, Apple's 30th birthday at the beginning of April. It might be later than that though.

    If you don't care than pick up a current iBook.

    At any rate, it is your money and I'm not going to tell you how to spend it. :)

Share This Page