Waiting on Reseller shipping of Powerbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by patientMacByr, Nov 26, 2003.

1. patientMacByr macrumors newbie

Any news on when resellers (like macmall) will be shipping Powerbook 1.25GHz? Mine was supposed to be shipped today but when i called to check they say its not going to happen. Any other resellers shipping yet? I know powerbooks are shipping for ppl who have orderd from Apple web-site.

:(

2. patientMacByr thread starter macrumors newbie

3. kaosfere macrumors member

No, you posted in the right place. It's just that no one knows. :/

4. patientMacByr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Kaosfere! I called them (macmall) yesterday and the "word" is the resellers are getting shipments only in Dec 3rd week :mad:
    This wait is killing me.

5. patientMacByr thread starter macrumors newbie

Its in the warehouse:D, if anybody is interseted/cares
    The final wait has begun!

6. studebakerhwk13 macrumors newbie

good luck and beware

patientMacByr

your thread prompted me to at long last sign up. I have read these forums for a long time and cannot ignore your plight.

I was in the same situation with MacMall. Ordered end of Sept., kept getting put off, etc. etc. Last word I got was that I would receive pb first or second week of december. And, amazing, it came in Wed last week. Figured it was just another lesson in being patient. And besides the delays put me beyond the initial screen and panther upgrade issues.

1.25 pb 15.2 is beautiful. came preinstalled with panther. screen is pristine - absolutely no stuck pixels. here's the beware part. machine kept locking up - not just a software jam - totally locked up. If that doesn't put the fear into you, you don't know how many kernel panics and black screens of death I have experienced over the past few days. After much frustration, decided I needed to reload system. Reload would not complete, the machine would just go into lost blue screen cycle. Finally called apple. Tech was great. Spent an hour with me while we determined that ram was bad (beware the MacMall ram upgrade!!!!) and, if you don't already know this, MacMall pulls the original 512 chip and puts in two of their cheap substitutions. And MacMall service knew what the problem was before I even described it. Am sitting at work now waiting on overnight delivery of replacements. What a pain.

Moral of the story: If you start experiencing lockups, unexplained problems ... check that ram quick!

7. patientMacByr thread starter macrumors newbie

studebakerhwk13

THANK YOU for your post, I really appreciate your concern. I'll be watchful as I did order RAM upgrade.:eek:

Once again, Thanks for the trouble nad Happy Waiting!!!