Waiting till Rev. b?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by joeyg2477, Feb 26, 2006.

  1. joeyg2477 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2006
    #1
    I'm going to probably wait till rev. b on the macbook pro. I was wondering about how long does apple usually wait to release rev b of a product?
     
  2. Cybix macrumors 6502a

    Cybix

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2006
    Location:
    Western Australia
    #2
    why? and who says there will ever be a rev b? I dont see plans to change the architecture at all. any changes will be software, if anything.

    buy a macbook pro, now.
     
  3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

    Duff-Man

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2002
    Location:
    Albuquerque, NM
    #3
    Duff-Man says...yet again I will say that this whole 'revA' paranoia gets blown way out of proportion - yes, there may be some issues but it rarely affects all units that ship and in almost every case if it does then it gets dealt with...I have bought *several* rev A things from Apple and have NEVER had one problem.....oh yeah!
     
  4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

    grapes911

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2003
    Location:
    Citizens Bank Park
    #4
    I'm waiting for a little while before I get a MPB. Here are my reasons (in order):

    1. I have a PB that is only 10 months old.
    2. I'd like more native software.
    3. Newer revisions are usually better than previous revisions.
     
  5. Peyton macrumors 68000

    Peyton

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2006
    #5
    I'd say wait if you can. I have a 12' powerbook and a dell desktop. (I know I know). I graduate in May from undergraduate college and this media center mini is calling my name.

    I want to get all apple computers, (a mini for a tv) after I graduate, so I'll probably wait until the summer for the mini, if you can wait, do it. Just remember the 'new' iMac G5 that was replaced 3, 4 months later?

    I say wait as long as you can, get it when it first comes out, and you'll have the best shot at getting what you want without feeling like you bought some out dated products a month later. my 2 cents
     
  6. jimmie macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2006
    #6
    heh, we get rev. As for ya. If no one buys rev. A, there will be no rev B. for those smart a** :)
     
  7. kugino macrumors 65816

    kugino

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2003
    #7
    1. fine.
    2. okay.
    3. debatable...read duff-man's post. if by "better" you mean faster processors, maybe a vid card upgrade, etc., you may be right, but if you think they're going to have less problems because they're rev. b, that's not right.

    but remember the rev. A 2.0 dual G5 powermac? well, the rev. B came along and the 2.0 dual gave us fewer ram slots and a reduced frontside bus. rev. B's are not always "better"...stick with reason 1 and you're fine.
     
  8. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

    Bubbasteve

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2004
    Location:
    Charleston, IL
    #8
    Duff-man I love reading your posts they crack me up...oh yeah! lol
     
  9. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

    grapes911

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2003
    Location:
    Citizens Bank Park
    #9
    That is exactly what I mean. If I were to get a MBP right now, it would only be a slight jump from what I have. The next revision 'should' be a bigger jump and make a purchase worth while.
     

Share This Page